1) Subang Jaya Buddhist Association cordially invite all members and devotees with relatives and friends to join us at our “Gong Xi, Gong Xi” Potluck dinner on 8th February 2014, 7.30pm-10.00pm, to celebrate the Chinese New Year together and promote fellowship as we enjoy the various program planned for the night together from some guests from the Old Folks Homes.
2) On 16th February 2014, our Sunday Dhamma School children, Youth Section and Teen Quest members will be making house calls to bring auspicious New Year greetings and songs, Buddhist hymns and good wishes to the hosts and family. Those who wish to invite them to your homes on 16th February 2014, may book through Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56348181.
3) SJBA will organize another “Introduction to Buddhism Course” from 21 Feb to 11 Apr 2014 (every Friday), 8.30pm – 10.00pm at SJBA Shrine Hall, conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Bro Charlie Chia and Dr. Chan Kah Yein. All are welcome. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
4) This morning Dhamma Talk (19th January 2014, at 11.30m) in Mandarin is on “Ten Meritorious Deeds” by Sis Wong Suh Chuen. Sis. Suh Chuen graduated with Bachelor of Science in Applied Science from TAR College and Masters in Technology (Environment Management) from University Malaya. She is an Environmental Consultant. She was the Dhammaduta Head of TAR College Buddhist Society and former Honorary Secretary of Kinrara Metta Buddhist Society (KMBS). Currently, Sis. Suh Chuen teaches Sunday Dhamma class for adults at KMBS.
5) This morning’s (19th Jan 2014) Dhamma Talk will be given by Sayadaw U Rewata. Sayadaw U Rewata. Sayadaw U Rewata was born in 1955 in Thonse, Myanmar. He graduated in 1980 with Bachelor of Science at the Rangoon University. He was ordained in 1983. He followed Pariyatti and Patipatti under the guidance of Most Venerable Chanmyay Sayadaw U Janaka Bhivamsa. He has travelled widely to many countries like Japan, USA, Canada, India, etc for missionary work, teaching Metta Bhavana, Vipassana Bhavana, Suttanta Recitations, etc. He served as the Abbot in Hmawbi, Yangon in 2004 to 2006, and also has been the Abbot of the Satipatthana Vipassana Association, Springfield, USA. Sayadaw U Rewata is currently in Subang Jaya Buddhist Association to support its Dhamma missionary work
May You Be Well & Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,
16th January 2014
“SJBA – Your Friendly and Caring Dhamma Centre”