1) The “Introduction to Buddhism Course” from 21 Feb to 11 Apr 2014 (Fridays) is from 8.30pm – 10.00pm at SJBA Shrine Hall, conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Bro Charlie Chia and Dr. Chan Kah Yein. All are welcome. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
2) In view of SJBA Shrine Hall being used by the Satipatthana Sutta Study with Meditation Workshop conducted by Ven Aggacitta Maha Thera, the Sunday Puja Session (in both English and Mandarin) on 9th and 16th March 2014 will be off and will resume on 30th March 2014, after the Qing Ming Pattipadana on 23rd March 2014.
3) In conjunction with Qing Ming, SJBA is organising a Pattidana on 23rd March 2014 to dedicate merits to the departed ones. Pattidana is for the benefit of those departed relatives and friends who may have been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence. When they are aware that their relatives or friends have performed some meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can be relieved of their suffering. When they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth will be transformed to a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform these acts of merits for the departed ones. The Pattidana will start with the offering of flowers and lights at 8am, Metta Recitation, Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Bhante Nyanaramsi, Dedication of Merits to Departed Ones.
4) This morning’s (2/3/14) Dhamma Talk is on “Meeting With the Dhamma” by Ven. Dhammapala. Ven. Dhammapala graduated in Pali and Buddhist Studies from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka and received his Doctorate from the University of Hong Kong. He has been lecturing in the University of Hong Kong and has presented a number of papers. He is currently the Spritual Director of Buddhistdoor. Vice Chairman of the Hong Kong University Centre of Buddhist Studies Alumini Association and Director of a few Buddhist-based organisations.
5) This morning’s (2/3/14) Dhamma Talk in English (at 10.00am) is on “A Morning with a Forest Monk” by Ajahn Visuddho. Ajahn Visuddho is a German Forest Monk. He was ordained as a Buddhist monk under Tan Chao Kun Phra Rasitaajahn Luang Poh Tong Bai Papassaro, Wat Na Luang, Udon Thani, Thailand in January 2007. After completion of his five year long junior monk training under the guidance of his preceptor, he studied with various other Ajahns in Thailand and Europe. Currently he is one of the vipassana teachers and interpreters in the Northern Insight Meditation Center, Wat Ram Poeng, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
May You Be Well & Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,