ANNOUNCEMENTS (24th March, Sunday)
1) As another community service for our members and devotees with SJBA arranging with 2 experienced Chinese Physicians qualified in Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment to give treatment to those with certain sicknesses and bodily ache/pain, every Saturday, 9am to 12pm, at SJBA. The fees are chargeable at RM30.00 which include the diagnosis, acupuncture or other treatment, and medicine. Those who cannot afford the fees can apply for Humanitarian Aid at SJBA Office.
2) SJBA will be organizing the Introduction to Buddhism course from 1 March to 19 April 2013. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Bro Charlie Chia and Dr Chan Kah Yein. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181 for further details.
3) In conjunction with Qing Ming, SJBA is organising a Pattidana on 7th April 2013, 8am to 11am, to dedicate merits to the departed ones. Pattidana is for the benefit of those departed relatives and friends who may have been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence. When they are aware that their relatives or friends have performed some meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can be relieved of their suffering. When they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth will be transformed to a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform these acts of merits for the departed ones. The Pattidana will start with the offering of flowers and lights at 8am, Metta Recitation, Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Bhante Nyanaramsi, Dedication of Merits to Departed Ones.
4) SJBA is organising an Introduction to Meditation Course conducted by our Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi from 26 May to 1 Jun, 8.30pm to 10.30pm (first day orientation followed by 6 lessons) followed by a short Meditation Retreat from 1 Jun to 4 Jun. Ven. Nyanaramsi was an accountant before he was ordained as Bhikkhu in 1995 at Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre, practicing under Sayadaw U Janakabhivamsa for a total of 9 years. Ven. Nyanaramsi was giving various support for foreign meditators in the Centre before accepting Subang Jaya Buddhist Association’s invitation to come back in 2003 to teach the Malaysian Buddhists. He travels frequently to other countries like Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, China, etc to teach meditation. If you wish to join in the Retreat as a yogi, helper or sponsor, please inform Sis. Lily at 03-56348181.
5) SJBA’s Puja Session in Mandarin is from 11.30am to 12.30pm every Sunday, at SJBA Shrine Hall. Today’s (24 March) Dhamma Talk will be given by Sis Tan Yee Yong who was the former SJBA Youth Section Chairperson and Dhamma Department Head. She currently serves in SJBA Dhamma Subcommittee. Sis Yee Yong graduated with a Bachelor of Science, MBA, Diploma in Buddhism and a Master of Arts in Buddhist Studies (IBC).
6) This morning’s Dhamma Talk is on “Life is suffering – a misconcept or a truth”. The Talk will be given by Bro Tan Kian Koon. Bro. Kian Koon graduated from the University of Malaya in Civil Engineering in 1979. Since his retirement in 2001 from his engineering career, he has been sharing his understanding and experience with all who are keen to search for true happiness, peace and liberation from birth and death, and all mental suffering to become more virtuous, noble and wiser human beings. He gives Dhamma Talks and holds meditation and Dhamma classes at various meditation centres.
May You Be Well & Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,
21st March 2013
“SJBA – Your Friendly and Caring Dhamma Centre”