1) Subang Jaya Buddhist Association is co-organising with the Bodhinyana International Foundation, Australia and the Centre of Mindfulness Limited, Hong Kong, the 1st Buddhist Nuns’ Novitiate Programme in the Theravada Tradition on 7–16 November 2014, under the guidance of Bhikkhuni Hasapanna, Venerable Dhammapala with Ajahn Brahm as the Spiritual Director. This Program will be sponsored by SJBA and the Hong Kong Society of Dhamma Supporters but donations towards the costs of running this Novitiate Programme will be most appreciated. Please visit SJBA website or Facebook (as below) for further information.
2) This year’s Educare Program in SJBA will be held on 14th December 2014. It will be the 8th anniversary of the Program in SJBA. For the last 7 years, we have been providing needy students with school items to start the new school term. It is expected that about 500 to 600 needy students will receive the school items this year. Each student will receive a full set of school items which consists of school bags, shoes, books, stationary, etc. which costs about RM100.00. The amount may not be a lot but it is a simple yet significant gesture of ours to show our care and concern to poor students. We hope that through this simple but sincere gesture, the students are motivated to study better and achieve academic success and eventually success in life. This noble task can be achieved with the continuous support of generous Donors. If you wish to contribute this year to the Educare Program to support the needy students, please contact Sis Lily at Tel. 03-56315299.
3) This year’s Annual Vipassana Meditation Retreat at SJBA will be from 12th December 2014 to 22nd December 2014. The Retreat will be conducted by Venerable Sayadaw U Sobhita and Sayadaw U Rewata from Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre. If you wish to join in the retreat as yogi or wish to a helper or sponsor food for the monks and yogis, and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact our Office Administrator.
4) This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in English (at 10.00am) is on “The Development of Calmness and Insight in Daily Life” by Ajahn Wimoak. Ajahn Vimoak is the Abbot of Wat Pipphalivanaram in Rayong, Bangkok. He obtained his Doctorate (PhD) and MA in Buddhism from Mahachulangkorn University, Thailand. He has vast experience in Insight Meditation gained from practising under various meditation masters among them Luang Pu Kasspamurni and Luang Pu Tean. He has extensive experience in teaching Insight Meditation and has been engaged by numerous organisations including Dhammasathan in Chulalongkorn University. He has designed and conducted the popular programme Development of Mindfulness and Awareness in the work place for large private corporations across Thailand.
5) This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (at 11.30am) is on “Dealing with Sickness” by Sis Tan Yee Yong. Sis Tan Yee Yong graduated with Bachelor of Science in Computer Sience and MBA. She obtained MA in Buddhist Studies from IBC, Thailand. She is now a Dhamma committee member of SJBA. 这个星期日的讲题是” 如何与病相处”, 讲师是陈玉容居士. 玉容居士持有科学学士学位及商业硕士学位，在商业界工作。她曾经是我们首邦再也佛教会青年组主席，及佛法小组组长 ，在学佛路上， 她持有佛教文凭及国际佛教大学佛教研究文科硕士 。目前她是我们首邦再也佛教会 佛法委会小组成员.