1) During the Vassa Period, Ven. Indarathana will lead in chanting the Dhammacakkappavattana every day, 7.30pm to 8.15pm. On Tuesdays, the chanting will followed by Pali Chanting & Sutta Study.
2) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
3) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
4) SJBA is organising “What Buddhist Believe” – a course on the fundamental concepts of Buddhism over 9 consecutive Thursdays, beginning 3rd August 2017. This course will be based on the book of the same title, written by our late chief Ven K. Sri Dhammananda Nayaka Thero. As such, participants are encouraged to read this book prior to attending, to get a better understanding. To participate, please register with Sister Lily at SJBA Office.
5) SJBA is celebrating our country’s 60th Merdeka Day on 31st August 2017 (Thursday). The Celebration will start with a Merdeka Breakfast at 7.45am, followed by Flag Raising Ceremony, Blessings by the Venerable Monks, cutting of Merdeka cake and fellowship. Members and devotees are invited to join us for the Celebration. To encourage our members’ children to strive for excellence in their academic performance, SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who excelled in their examinations in 2016. The Awards will be given out on Merdeka Day, 31st August 2017. For more information, please call Sis. Lily at tel. 03-56315299.
6) SJBA invite you for a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja. The Puja will start at 9.15am with Offerings to the Buddha, Chanting, Dhamma Talk by Venerable Indarathana, Hymns and Guided Meditation.