1. In conjunction with the Mid-Autumn Festival, SJBA is organizing a Mooncake Family Night on 26th September 2015 (Saturday). It will be a fun-filled night to celebrate with family. In line with SJBA’s effort in promoting a caring and compassionate community, we have invited children from Persatuan Kebajikan Kanak-kanak Kurang Upaya (P3KU) to join us in our celebration. The children have provided us with a wish-list. If you wish to fulfil their dream, please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181 / 56315299 for the items they have wished for. Please remember to bring your lantern along for the traditional lantern procession round the temple to end the night. DINNER WILL BE SERVED, however we encourage you to bring some desserts to share with everyone. Please bring your family and friends to SJBA on 26th September 2015 (Saturday) 7.00pm to join us in our fun-filled celebration.
2. SJBA will be organising an Intermediate Course on Buddhism from 2 October to 6 November 2015. The course will run for 6 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Datuk Charlie Chia and Dr Chan Kah Yein. The course will cover Buddhist views on contemporary issues and Buddhist living. All are welcome. Please contact Sis Cindy at 03-56348181 for further details.
3. SJBA will be organising a 1-day Metta Retreat to be conducted by Ven. Dhammapala on 3 October 2015, Saturday, 9.30am – 4.30pm, in SJBA. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181 for further details.
4. To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the new building is RM5 million. We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building.
5. Amongst various ways to raise funds for the construction of the new block, SJBA has an on-going “Donate a Brick” campaign. Each brick is RM100. The donors can write their name and sign on the bricks which will be used for the construction of the new block. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
6. This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk (13/9/15, 10am) will be given by Ven. Mahacara who is residing in SJBA for the Vassa (Rains Retreat). During this 3-month period, Venerable Mahacara will be cultivating himself in SJBA Vihara as well as teaching devotees the Dhamma.
7. This Sunday’s Dhamma Dhamma Talk (20/9/15, 11.30am) is on “Meeting With the Dhamma” by Ven. Dhammapala. Ven. Dhammapala graduated in Pali and Buddhist Studies from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka and received his Doctorate from the University of Hong Kong. He has been lecturing in the University of Hong Kong and has presented a number of papers. He is currently the Spritual Director of Buddhistdoor. Vice Chairman of the Hong Kong University Centre of Buddhist Studies Alumini Association and Director of a few Buddhist-based organisations.
这个星期日的讲题是与佛法相会, 讲师是法护法师. 法师毕业于斯里兰卡的Kelaniya大学，专注于巴利文和佛
教研究。法师也在香港大学获得了博士学位，也在香 港大学当过讲师，并呈列了一些论文。他目前是 “Buddhistdoor” 佛门的精神理事。是香港大学， 佛学校友会中心的副主席。也是其他以佛教为基 础的组织 的理事主任