1. In conjunction with the 7th Lunar Month, SJBA is organising a Pattidana (Dedication of Merits) Ceremony on this Sunday, 23 August 2015 for the departed ones. When those departed relatives and friends, who may been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence, become aware that their departed relatives performing meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can feel relief. If they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth can be transformed into a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform acts of merits for the departed ones. The program will start at 8.00am with the offering of flowers, candles and pure water, followed by Pindacara, chanting, Dhamma Talk, offering of requisites, dedication of merits to the departed ones and followed by Blessings by the Sangha and lunch dana. All are welcome to partake in this Pattidana
2. To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 2.96 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the new building is RM5 million. We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building by June 2016.
3. Amongst various ways to raise funds for the construction of the new block, SJBA has an on-going “Donate a Brick” campaign. Each brick is RM100. The donors can write their name and sign on the bricks which will be used for the construction of the new block. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
4. In conjunction with the 58th Merdeka Day Celebration in SJBA on 31 August 2013 and to encourage our members’ children to strive for excellence in their academic performance, SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who excelled in their examinations in 2014. The Awards will be given out on Merdeka Day, 31 August 2015.
On the same day, SJBA is also organizing a Blessings Service for students sitting for UPSR, PT3, SPM, STPM, etc. examinations this year. The Blessings will be conducted by the Venerable Sangha Members.
5. SJBA Youth Section is organising a Temple Building Fund-Raising “Lose to win” Campaign. This is a 2-months fitness campaign that offers an unique way to lose weight whilst raising funds. Upon signing up, the participants will have to come to SJBA on 31st August 10 a.m. to weigh in and record their details. Throughout the campaign, the participants are to do their best to lose weight and finally asked to weigh in again at the end of the program. The weight difference between the start and the end of the program will be converted into donation by the friends of the participants as pledged during the sign up period. For more details, visit our website at http://losetowinsjbays.weebly.com/ or contact Guan at 012-2847300.