1. To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 2.96 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the new building is RM5 million. We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building by June 2016.
2. Amongst various ways to raise funds for the construction of the new block, SJBA has an on-going “Donate a Brick” campaign. Each brick is RM100. The donors can write their name and sign on the bricks which will be used for the construction of the new block. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
3. There are limited number of tickets left for “Imee Ooi Concert – Sound of Wisdom” on 1 August 2015, Saturday, 3.00pm at Istana Budaya. Only RM250 and RM200 tickets available in SJBA. Please call Sis Lily at Tel. 03-56348181.
4. SJBA is making invitation to Venerable Mahacara on 1 August 2015, Saturday, 8.30pm to enter Vassa (Rains Retreat) in SJBA. The program will include taking the 3 Refuges and observe the 5 Precepts, formal invitation to Venerable Mahacara to stay in SJBA for the 3-month Vassa, determination by the Venerable, offering of robes and requisites to the Sangha followed by chanting and sharing of merits. Members and devotees are invited to witness this Vassa Entry Ceremony.
Members and devotees are also invited to participate in the 5th Day Vassa Chanting on 5th August 2015, Wednesday, 7.30pm, to commemorate the day the Buddha taught the Anattalakkhana Sutta to His first 5 disciples of the Buddha who had by listening to this sermon, meditating on the five aggregates of clinging and realizing the higher stages of supramundane knowledge that lead them to the attainment of Arahantship.
5. In conjunction with the 7th Lunar Month, SJBA is organising a Pattidana (Dedication of Merits) Ceremony on 23 August 2015 (Sunday) for the departed ones. When those departed relatives and friends, who may been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence, become aware that their departed relatives performing meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can feel relief. If they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth can be transformed into a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform acts of merits for the departed ones. The program will start at 8.00am with the offering of flowers, candles and pure water, followed by Pindacara, chanting, Dhamma Talk, offering of requisites, dedication of merits to the departed ones and followed by Blessings by the Sangha and lunch dana. All are welcome to partake in this Pattidana
6. In conjunction with the 58th Merdeka Day Celebration in SJBA on 31 August 2013 and to encourage our members’ children to strive for excellence in their academic performance, SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who excelled in their examinations in 2014. The Awards will be given out on Merdeka Day, 31 August 2015.
On the same day, SJBA is also organizing a Blessings Service for students sitting for UPSR, PT3, SPM, STPM, etc. examinations this year. The Blessings will be conducted by the Venerable Sangha Members.
7. This Sunday (2/8/15, 10.00am) Dhamma Talk (in English) will be given by Venerable Mahacara who will be residing in SJBA for the Vassa (Rains Retreat). During this 3-month period, Venerable Mahacara will be cultivating himself in SJBA Vihara as well as teaching devotees the Dhamma.
8. This Sunday’s (2/8/15) Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (at 11.30am) is on “Living Harmoniously” by Sis Wong Suh Chuen. Sis. Suh Chuen graduated with Bachelor of Science in Applied Science from TAR College and Masters in Technology (Environment Management) from University Malaya. She is an Environmental Consultant. She was the Dhammaduta Head of TAR College Buddhist Society and currently the Honorary Secretary of Kinrara Metta Buddhist Society (KMBS). Sis. Suh Chuen also teaches Sunday Dhamma class for adults at KMBS.
这个星期日的讲题是” 和谐的人生”, 讲师是黄淑娟居士黄淑娟居士毕业于拉曼学院, 持有 应用科 学 学士学位及马来亚大学的科技(环境管理)硕士学位。她现今是一位环境顾问，注册于马来西亚 环境部门。淑娟居士，出生于砂朥越州，在中学求学时，已开始学佛。她曾经是拉曼学院佛学会 弘组主任和 Kinrara Metta Buddhist Society 的前任名誉秘书。目前，她志愿地为Kinrara Metta Buddhist Society 的成年人周日佛学班，分享佛法。