1) To encourage our members’ children to strive for excellence in their academic performance, SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who excelled in their examinations in 2017. The Awards will be given out on Merdeka Day, 31st August 2018.
Terms & Conditions :
(a) This award is open to all children of SJBA life members (registered on or before 31 Dec 2017).
(b) Application is now open to students who sat for the following Examinations in the year 2017:
(i) UPSR – SK : 5 As
SJK : 6 As & above
(ii) PT3 – 7 As & above (excluding lisan & oral)
(iii) SPM – 8 As & above
(iv) STPM (or equivalent) – 3 As & above
(Decisions by the Exco on the successful applications is final)
(c) Application forms can be obtained from the SJBA office.
(d) Eligible applicants are required to submit the form together with
(i) a copy of the examination result certified by the respective school principals.
(ii) a copy of the Birth Certificate
(e) Closing date of application : 31-7-2018 (Applications after this date will not be considered)
(f) The award will be given out on 31-8- 2018 during the Blessings Ceremony for this year’s
(g) Successful applicants must attend the ceremony personally to receive the award .
2) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
3) All devotees are welcome to have self-practice in Vipassana Meditation on Thursdays from 8.30pm to 9.45pm at our Meditation Hall.
4) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
5) SJBA invite you and family and friends to a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja, commencing at 9.15am with offering of lights, flowers and incense to the Buddha, chanting, blessings and Dhamma Talk on “Essence of the Dhamma”.
The Puja Session will end with a joyful session of Learning The Dhamma through Hymn singing to invigorate our mind and spirit to challenges of a new week.