1) In conjunction with the 7th Lunar Month, SJBA is organising a Pattidana (Dedication of Merits) Ceremony on 3rd August 2014, Sunday for the departed ones. When those departed relatives and friends, who may been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence, become aware that their departed relatives performing meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can feel relief. If they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth can be transformed into a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform acts of merits for the departed ones. The program will start at 8.00am with the offering of flowers, candles and pure water, followed by Pindacara, chanting, Dhamma Talk, offering of requisites, dedication of merits to the departed ones and followed by Blessings by the Sangha and lunch dana. All are welcome to partake in this Pattidana.
2) SJBA Sunday Dhamma School is organizing a Food & fun Fair on 24/8/14 (Sunday) to raise a target of RM70,000 for SJBA Building Extension Fund as well as to inculcate into the students the Buddhist value of Dana. Sponsors and volunteers interested in participating in this Food & Fun Fair are welcomed. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181
3) SJBA is celebrating the country’s 57th Merdeka Day on 31st August 2014 (Sunday), The Celebration will start with a Merdeka Breakfast at 7.45am, followed by Flag Raising Ceremony, Blessings by the Venerable Monks, cutting of Merdeka cake and fellowship. Members and devotees are invited to join us for the Celebration. To encourage our members’ children to strive for excellence in their academic performance, SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who excelled in their examinations in 2013. The Awards will be given out on Merdeka Day, 31st August 2014. For more information, please call Sis. Lily at tel. 03-56315299. Closing date for submission is 31st July 2014. On the same day, SJBA is also organizing a Blessings Service for students sitting for UPSR, PMR, SPM, STPM, etc. examinations this year. The Blessings will be conducted by the Venerable Sangha Members.
4) There will be no Mandarin Puja Session today (27/7/14)
5) This morning’s (Sunday, 27/7/14, 10am) Dhamma Talk is on “The Happiness Path – Recognising tanha, reducing dukkha and being happy walking the Noble Eightfold Path”. The Talk will be given by Dr. Chan Kah Yein. Sis Kah Yeinholds a Ph.D in Mathematics Education. She is the founder of AnimalCare, a charity fund for street animals. She also gives public talks on living a spiritual and simpler life. To date, she has written eight books and her talks have been produced on audio CDs, all for free distribution. Her motto is to embrace simplicity and travel light in life.