1) This year’s Annual Vipassana Meditation Retreat in SJBA Vihara will be conducted by our Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi Maha Thera from 13th December 2017, Wednesday to 23rd December 2017, Saturday.
If you wish to join in the Retreat as yogi or wish to be a helper or sponsor food for the monks and yogis, and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact our Office, Sis. Lily at 03-56315299. Alternatively, you may also whatsapp to us at 0162817686.
2) This year is the 12th anniversary of the Educare Program in SJBA. For the last 11 years, we have been providing needy students with school items to start the new school term. It is expected that about 500 needy students will receive the school items on 3 December 2017. Each student will receive a full set of school items which consists of school bags, shoes, books, stationary, etc. which costs about RM100.00. The amount may not be a lot but it is a simple yet significant gesture of ours to show our care and concern to poor students. We hope that through this simple but sincere gesture, the students are motivated to study better and achieve academic success and eventually success in life. If you wish to sponsor one or more students, please contact Sis Lily at 03-56315299.
3) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
4) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
5) SJBA invite you for a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja. The Puja will start at 9.15am with Offerings to the Buddha, Chanting, Dhamma Talk by Bro Tan Siang Chye, Hymns and Guided Meditation.