1) To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3.36 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the extension block is RM5 million (not including GST and interior design works). We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building.
We plan to have a grand fund raising dinner to raise as much as possible to make up the shortfall. The dinner is scheduled on 7 May 2016 at Restaurant Extra Supertanker @ the Club, Bandar Utama. The renowned Caring and Sharing Choir will be our guest performers at the dinner. Dato’ Leonard Tan will give a 20 minutes cameo performance.
The dinner tables will be priced at RM20,000, RM10,000, RM5,000 and RM3,000. We have also decided to acknowledge the donors if they donated RM1.28 million for the Dana Hall or Multipurpose Meditation Hall, and/or RM100,000 for the Dhamma or Senior Citizen Rooms, by having the Donors’ names displayed at the respective halls or rooms. We plan for all these as a final push, if possible, to raise enough funds to build our building extension rather than to ask from our members, devotees, donors, supporters and benefactors again and again. We have only about 80 tables. Please book your table or tickets early so as not to miss the opportunity to partake and witness another historical event and success of SJBA. Your support in building this temple extension is an excellent dana of inmeasurable merits which, upon fruition, will bring you abundance of good blessings.
2) SJBA is organizing another Introduction to Buddhism course from 26 February to 15 April 2016. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and Datuk Charlie Chia. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56315299 for further information.
3) SJBA will be organising a Meditation Retreat, conducted by SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi as follows:
Date : 12th to 15th May 2016 (Thursday to Sunday)
Venue : Chin Swee Temple (Genting)
Meals : Vegetarian (Breakfast Rm6 and Lunch Rm12 per pax)
Lodging : Twin sharing Room (Rm108/Night, with attached bathroom and water heater)
Meditation Hall Usage Fee : Rm636 per day
Transportation : Bus
Yogis are required to take 9 precepts during the retreat. Yogis who are not able to take 9 precepts, kindly inform the organisers in advance and make your own arrangement for light dinner.
We are seeking a contribution of Rm292 per yogi to defray the running cost for meals, lodgings, transportation and fee for the usage of the meditation hall.
Registration is open from the 1st of February on the first come first serve basis. Confirmation of place is upon submission of Registration Form with Payment to Sis. Lily. Registration closed on the 15th of April.
4) This Sunday Dhamma Talk (28/2/16, 10.00am) on “Morality: Heteronomous vs Autonomous” will be given by Bro Billy Tan. Bro. Billy Tan is a Professional Trainer and Business Development Consultant who has trained countless corporate executives and business professionals in more than 20 countries over the past three decades. Bro. Billy is a Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), as well as being certified by the International Association of Counselors and Therapists, USA, in Clinical Hypnotherapy. In recent years Bro. Billy has conducted several professional training programs for resident and visiting Monks at the Buddhist Maha Vihara, Brickfields, in the areas of Emotional Intelligence, Communication, Professional Presentation, Public Relations, Community Services, Leadership, and Management. In sharing the Dhamma, Bro. Billy researches discoveries from the fields of Neuroscience and Psychology to present teachings of the Buddha from a scientific perspective.
5) This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (28/2/16, 11.30am) is on “5 Hindrances” by Chew Yee Yean. Sis Chew Yee Yean graduated from UKM. She is now working as a Senior Biochemist at UMMC.
这个星期日的讲题是“五盖”, 讲师是周怡燕居士. 怡燕居士 毕业于马来西亚国民大学，她现今 在 马大医药中心担任高级生物化学师。在这十年以来，她志愿地帮忙与宣扬佛法等义务，希望能增进大家对佛法的认识与了解.