1) During the Vassa Period, Ven. Indarathana will lead in chanting the Dhammacakkappavattana every day, 7.30pm to 8.15pm. On Tuesdays, the chanting will followed by Pali Chanting & Sutta Study.
2) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
3) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
4) SJBA is organising “What Buddhist Believe” – a course on the fundamental concepts of Buddhism over 9 consecutive Thursdays, beginning 3rd August 2017. This course will be based on the book of the same title, written by our late chief Ven K. Sri Dhammananda Nayaka Thero. As such, participants are encouraged to read this book prior to attending, to get a better understanding. To participate, please register with Sister Lily at SJBA Office.
5) In conjunction with the 7th Lunar Month, SJBA is organising a Pattidana (Dedication of Merits) Ceremony for the departed ones. When those departed relatives and friends, who may been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence, become aware that their departed relatives performing meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can feel relief. If they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth can be transformed into a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform acts of merits for the departed ones. The program will start at 8.00am with the offering of flowers, candles and pure water, followed by Pindacara, chanting, Dhamma Talk, offering of requisites, dedication of merits to the departed ones and followed by Blessings by the Sangha and lunch dana. All are welcome.
6) SJBA invite you for a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja. The Puja will start at 9.15am with Offerings to the Buddha, Chanting, Dhamma Talk by Venerable Indarathana, Hymns and Guided Meditation.