1) SJBA invites you to celebrate mid-autumn this Saturday, 30 September 2017, 7pm to 10pm. Dinner will be served at 7pm followed by Youth Section Performance (Drama and singing on the origin of Mooncake Festival),Riddles solving, lucky draws, mid-light tour, etc. etc.
2) During the Vassa Period, Ven. Indarathana will lead in chanting the Dhammacakkappavattana every day, 7.30pm to 8.15pm. On Tuesdays, the chanting will followed by Pali Chanting & Sutta Study.
3) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
4) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
5) This year’s Kathina Ceremony will be held on Sunday, 15th October 2017. Kathina is a traditional Buddhist Ceremony started by the Buddha Himself for lay devotees to offer robes and other requisites to the Sangha at the end of Vassa (rainy season). The Ceremony will commence at 7.00am with the Taking of the Three Refuges and Observance of the Five Precepts administered by the Sangha, Procession, Offering of Robes and other Requisites, Sharing of Merits and Lunch Dana. A blood donation campaign will also be held on this auspicious day. Please come and join us to perform these meritorious deeds together. In view of some unforeseen circumstances, there will be no Kathina Eve program this year.
6) SJBA invite you for a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja. The Puja will start at 9.15am with Offerings to the Buddha, Chanting, Dhamma Talk by Venerable Indarathana, Hymns and Guided Meditation.