1) This year’s Wesak day falls on 29 May 2018. Our Wesak Celebration will start on Wesak Eve, 28 May with lighting of Blessings Oil Lamps at 7.30pm followed by Wesak Eve Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Ven. Nyanaramsi, Procession Round the Vihara and Bodhi Tree, Chanting and Meditation. On Wesak Day, Puja Service will commence at 8.00am followed by the official launching of the Wesak Day Celebration at 9.45am. Blessings Service will be carried by the Maha Sangha until 4pm.
From 11.00am to 2.30pm, vegetarian food will be provided. There will be a Blood Donation & Organ Pledge Campaign, Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis and treatment for devotees needing such services.
We need around 100 volunteer helpers to help organize all these activities. Please register yourselves by writing your name at our Notice Board or call Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56315299.
2) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
3) All devotees are welcome to have self-practice in Vipassana Meditation on Thursdays from 8.30pm to 9.45pm at our Meditation Hall.
4) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
5) SJBA invite you for a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja. The Puja will start at 9.15am with offerings of lights, flowers, incense to the Buddha, Chanting, Dhamma Talk by Venerable Indarathana, Guided Meditation, Blessings, Sharing of Merits and Hymns.