Merdeka1) In conjunction with the 7th Lunar Month, SJBA is organising a Pattidana (Dedication of Merits) Ceremony on 26 August 2018 for the departed ones. When those departed relatives and friends, who may been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence, become aware that their departed relatives performing meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can feel relief. If they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth can be transformed into a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform acts of merits for the departed ones. The program will start at 8.00am with the offering of flowers, candles and pure water, followed by Pindacara, chanting, Dhamma Talk, offering of requisites, dedication of merits to the departed ones and followed by Blessings by the Sangha and lunch dana.
2) SJBA is celebrating our country’s 61th Merdeka Day on 31st August 2018 (Friday). The Celebration will start with a Merdeka Breakfast at 7.45am, followed by Flag Raising Ceremony, Blessings by the Venerable Monks, cutting of Merdeka cake and fellowship. Members and devotees are invited to join us for the Celebration. To encourage our members’ children to strive for excellence in their academic performance, SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who excelled in their examinations in 2016. The Awards will be given out on Merdeka Day, 31st August 2018.
On the same day, SJBA is also organizing a Blessings Service for students sitting for UPSR, PT3, SPM, STPM, etc. examinations this year, conducted by the Members of the Sangha. .
3) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
4) All devotees are welcome to have self-practice in Vipassana Meditation on Thursdays from 8.30pm to 9.45pm at our Meditation Hall.
5) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
6) SJBA invite you and family and friends to a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja led by Ven. Indarathana, commencing at 9.15am with offering of lights, flowers and incense to the Buddha, chanting, Dhamma Talk, Blessings by the Sangha and Sharing of Merits.
The Puja Session will be followed by a joyful session of Learning The Dhamma through Hymn singing to invigorate our mind and spirit to challenges of a new week.