1) There will be Dhamma Talk titled “The Path an Attainment of Ariya-hood” by Ven. Dr. Dhammapala on 1 June 2019, 8pm to 10pm. The Talk will highlight the ‘gradual process of the different stages of spiritual path and their abandonment of categories of defilements, and finally attainment of arahathood. Ven.. Dr. Dhammapala has a PhD in Buddhist Study under the supervision of Ven. Dhammajoti n the University Hong Kong. He traveled frequently to conduct meditation retreats, Dhamma talks in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China. Currently, he is the Abbot of the Brahmavihara Monastery & Retreat Centre, Melaka, the Bodhvana Monastery in Sg. Pelek and the Centre of Mindfulness, Hong Kong.
2) SJBA will be holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 2 June 2019 at 9.30am. The Agenda include receiving and adopting the Executive Committee’s Annual Report, Audited Statement of Accounts, and deliberation of other matters as deemed fit by the Assembly. All members are cordially invited to join us.
3) SJBA is hosting an Exhibition from 1 June to 21 June 2019 at our new Dana Hall, on The 3 Great Masters (of Malaysia) focusing on the legacy and inspiration of Ven. Sumangalo, Ven. Chuk Mor and Ven. Dr. K Sri Dhammananda, their Dhamma propagation effort, words of wisdom, life events and achievements, etc. All are welcome
4) SJBA is organising a Dhamma Talk “Lay Persons Certainly Can Become Ariya” by Ven. Dhammavuddho Maha Thera, the Founder Abbot of Vihara Buddha Gotama and Monastic Adviser of the Theravada Buddhist Council of Malaysia. The Talk will be held at SJBA Shrine Hall on 15 June 2019, 8.30pm to 10.00pm.
5) In conjunction with the country’s 62nd Merdeka Day on 31st August 2019 (Saturday), SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who have excelled in their examinations in 2018. Application is now open to students who have excelled in the following examinations:
(a) (i) UPSR – SK : 5 As
SJK : 6 As & above
(ii) PT3 – 7 As & above (excluding lisan & oral)
(iii) SPM – 8 As & above
(iv) STPM (or equivalent) – 3 As & above
(b) Application forms can be obtained from the SJBA office..
(c) Eligible applicants are required to submit the form together with
(i) a copy of the examination result certified by the respective school principals.
(ii) a copy of the Birth Certificate
(d) Closing date of application : 31-7-2019
For more information, please call Sis. Lily at tel. 03-56315299;