1) The “What Buddhists Believe” 9-Friday course, 8.30pm to 10.00pm at SJBA Shrine Hall is still in progress. The course is based on the book “What Buddhist Believe” by the late Chief Reverend Dr. K Sri Dhammananda.
The topic this Friday, 26 Jul is “Happiness Recipe and Secrets” by Bro Tan Siang Chye.
The topic on next Friday, 2 Aug is “The Three Refuges and Buddhist Text” by Sis Lim Kah Hong
2) In conjunction with the 7th Lunar Month, SJBA is organising a Pattidana (Dedication of Merits) Ceremony on 11 August 2019 for the departed ones. When those departed relatives and friends, who may been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence, become aware that their departed relatives performing meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can feel relief. If they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth can be transformed into a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform acts of merits for the departed ones. The program will start at 8.00am with the offering of flowers, candles and pure water, followed by Pindacara, chanting, Dhamma Talk, offering of requisites, dedication of merits to the departed ones and followed by Blessings by the Sangha and lunch dana. All are welcome.
3) Ven. Indarathana and Ven. Sumana are currently observing the Vassa in SJBA during this 3-month Rains Retreat. Besides their own spiritual cultivation, the Venerables will also be conducting many Dhamma programs during these 3 months for the mental and spiritual benefits of our devotees including the following:
(I) Daily chanting of the Dhammacakkapavattana Sutta led by the Venerables at SJBA Shrine Hall from 7.30pm to 8.15pm
(II) Three (3) Sutta Study Workshop (i) Metta Sutta on 3 August, (ii) Ratana Sutta on 24 August and (iii) Mangala Sutta on 21 September will be held at SJBA Vihara from 9am to 4pm. For registration, please contact Sis Lily at SJBA Office (Tel. 03-56348181)
4) In conjunction with the country’s 62nd Merdeka Day on 31st August 2019 (Saturday), SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who have excelled in their examinations in 2018. Application is now open to students who have excelled in the following examinations:
(a) (i) UPSR – SK : 5 As
SJK : 6 As & above
(ii) PT3 – 7 As & above (excluding lisan & oral)
(iii) SPM – 8 As & above
(iv) STPM (or equivalent) – 3 As & above
(b) Application forms can be obtained from the SJBA office..
(c) Eligible applicants are required to submit the form together with
(i) a copy of the examination result certified by the respective school principals.
(ii) a copy of the Birth Certificate
(d) Closing date of application : 31-7-2019
For more information, please call Sis. Lily at tel. 03-56315299;
4) SJBA invite you and family and friends to a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja commencing at 9.15am with offering of lights, flowers and incense to the Buddha, chanting, Dhamma Talk by Bro Chim and Sharing of Merits.