1) There will be a Dhamma Talk on “Buddhism for Daily Practice” by Venerable Bhikkhu Assaji tomorrow, 28 February 2020, Friday, 8.30pm to 10.00pm. Ven. Assaji from the UK, was ordained at the Bhikkhu Training Centre in Sri Lanka in 1964. He received his Higher Ordination from Most Ven. Madihe Pannaseeha Maha thera as his Teacher. In 1976 he completed his monastic education and achieved his Panditha Degree. He was a Sanskrit teacher at International Buddhist Centre at Subodharmaya, Kandy before he moved to England in 1992 and living at Amaravati Buddhist Monastery. Now he is travelling to various countries as a missionary monk.
2) SJBA is organising a Vipassana Meditation Retreat in April, 2020 as follows: Venue: Chin Swee Temple, Genting Teacher: SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi. Dates: April 11 to 18 Ven. Nyanaramsi is the Abbot of SJBA Vihara. He is a highly respected meditation teacher who provides meticulous guidance and advice to all practitioners. This is thus a rare blessing to be guided by such a wise, experienced and patient teacher.
If you wish to join as meditators and/ or to sponsor for the Retreat expenses, please contact our office Sis Lily at 03-56315299 or Whatsapp 0107719480.
3) SJBA invite you and family and friends to a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja commencing at 9.15am with offering of lights, flowers and incense to the Buddha, chanting, Dhamma Talk by Bro Teoh Kian Koon and Sharing of Merits.
4) Due to the uncertainty of the current coronavirus outbreak, it’s prudent that we adopt basic hygienic practice for the well being of our members and devotees inside SJBA. We seek your assistance and co-operation as follows:
– Please greet one another other with palms folded in anjali posture instead of shaking hands
– If you do shake hands, please wash your hands with soap or sanitiser, after handshake or
after touching items that are frequently in contact with members of the public
– Wearing a proper face mask is recommended in crowded areas
– Bring own drinking water
– Please practise proper etiquette when sneezing or coughing (maintain distance, cover
coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues/clothing/handkerchief)
– SJBA may screen for fever and cough at the entrance to our activities. We seek your
cooperation in this matter for the well being of all
– Anyone having flu/cold/cough, please go back and rest at home. Please get treated and
temporarily refrain from SJBA’s group activities as your kind concern for the well being of
– Event Co-ordinators or Organising Committee may use discretion to cancel the event if the need arises.