ANNOUNCEMENTS (17th March, Sunday)
1) As another community service for our members and devotees with SJBA arranging with 2 experienced Chinese Physicians qualified in Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment to give treatment to those with certain sicknesses and bodily ache/pain, every Saturday, 9am to 12pm, at SJBA. The fees are chargeable at RM30.00 which include the diagnosis, acupuncture or other treatment, and medicine. Those who cannot afford the fees can apply for Humanitarian Aid at SJBA Office.
2) SJBA will be organizing the Introduction to Buddhism course from 1 March to 19 April 2013. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Bro Charlie Chia and Dr Chan Kah Yein. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181 for further details.
3) In conjunction with Qing Ming, SJBA is organising a Pattidana on 7th April 2013, 8am to 11am, to dedicate merits to the departed ones. Pattidana is for the benefit of those departed relatives and friends who may have been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence. When they are aware that their relatives or friends have performed some meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can be relieved of their suffering. When they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth will be transformed to a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform these acts of merits for the departed ones. The Pattidana will start with the offering of flowers and lights at 8am, Metta Recitation, Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Bhante Nyanaramsi, Dedication of Merits to Departed Ones.
4) SJBA’s Puja Session in Mandarin is from 11.30am to 12.30pm every Sunday, at SJBA Shrine Hall. This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk will be given by Ven. Nyanaramsi.
5) This morning’s Dhamma Talk will be given by SJBA’s Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi. Ven. Nyanaramsi was an accountant before he was ordained in 1995 at the Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre in Yangon with Venerable Chanmyay Yeiktha Sayadaw U Janakabhivamsa as his preceptor. He had also studied the Dhamma and meditation under Sayadaw U Indaka and other Sayadaws in Myanmar. Bhante spent 9 vassas in Myanmar before he accepted an invitation from SJBA to come back to Malaysia in 2003 to teach the Dhamma and meditation to Malaysian Buddhists. Ven. Nyanaramsi is now the Abbot of Subang Jaya Vihara. He also travel frequently to Taiwan, Thailand, Myanmar, Indonesia and China to conduct meditation retreats
May You Be Well & Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,
14th March 2013
“SJBA – Your Friendly and Caring Dhamma Centre”