NAMO TASSA BHAGAVATO ARAHATO SAMMA SAMBUDDHASA
ANNOUNCEMENTS (10th March, Sunday)
1) Today, let us have a few minutes in silent meditation radiating metta to all the suffering ones in Sabah caused by the recent armed intrusion.May suffering ones be free from suffering. May those struck with grief be from from grief. May everyone be free from danger. May the Guardian Devas protect them. May the Blessings of the Triple Gem be with them.
2) As another community service for our members and devotees with SJBA arranging with 2 experienced Chinese Physicians qualified in Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment to give treatment to those with certain sicknesses and bodily ache/pain, every Saturday, 9am to 12pm, at SJBA. The fees are chargeable at RM30.00 which include the diagnosis, acupuncture or other treatment, and medicine. Those who cannot afford the fees can apply for Humanitarian Aid at SJBA Office.
3) SJBA will be organizing the Introduction to Buddhism course from 1 March to 19 April 2013. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Bro Charlie Chia and Dr Chan Kah Yein. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181 for further details.
4) SJBA is starting a Puja Session conducted in Mandarin beginning today (10th March 2013), 11.30am to 12.30pm at SJBA Shrine Hall. There will be a Dhamma Talk by Sis Tan Yee Yong who was the former SJBA Youth Section Chairperson and Dhamma Department Head. She currently serves in SJBA Dhamma Subcommittee. Sis Yee Yong graduated with a Bachelor of Science, MBA, Diploma in Buddhism and a Master of Arts in Buddhist Studies (IBC).
5) The Sutta Class conducted by Bro Chan Khoon San today (10th March) is on “Susima Sutta”. The venue is Room T9, from 3.00pm to 4.30pm.
6) This morning’s Dhamma Talk is on ” Service to Others” by Bro. Tan Siang Chye. Bro. Siang Chye graduated from Kent Institute, UK and with a Master degree from Massey University, New Zealand. He was a former Chairman of the Buddhist Missionary Youth Section and also the parent body, BMSM for one session. He is a striving meditator and has practised under several prominent meditation teachers locally and in New Zealand. Bro. Siang Chye is currently the Chairman of the Dhamma Committee of SJBA.
May You Be Well & Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,
7th March 2013