1) SJBA Sunday Dhamma School will reopen on 16 February 2020, Sunday for both new and old students (age from 5 years to 16 years old). Registration of new students will also be conducted on the same day.
2) SJBA is organising a Vipassana Meditation Retreat in April, 2020 as follows: Venue: Chin Swee Temple, Genting Teacher: SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi. Dates: April 11 to 18 Ven. Nyanaramsi is the Abbot of SJBA Vihara. He is a highly respected meditation teacher who provides meticulous guidance and advice to all practitioners. This is thus a rare blessing to be guided by such a wise, experienced and patient teacher.
If you wish to join as meditators and/ or to sponsor for the Retreat expenses, please contact our office Sis Lily at 03-56315299 or Whatsapp 0107719480.
3) SJBA invite you and family and friends to a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja commencing at 9.15am with offering of lights, flowers and incense to the Buddha, chanting led by Venerable Indarathana, Dhamma Talk on “Dana & Charity ” by Bro Tan Siang Chye, Blesssings and Sharing of Merits.
4) Due to the uncertainty of the current coronavirus outbreak, it’s prudent that we adopt basic hygienic practice for the well being of our members and devotees inside SJBA. We seek your assistance and co-operation as follows:
– Please greet one another other with palms folded in anjali posture instead of shaking hands
– If you do shake hands, please wash your hands with soap or sanitiser, after handshake or after touching items that are frequently in contact with members of the public
– Wearing a proper face mask is recommended in crowded areas
– Bring own drinking water
– Please practise proper etiquette when sneezing or coughing (maintain distance, cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues/clothing/handkerchief)
– SJBA may screen for fever and cough at the entrance to our activities. We seek your cooperation in this matter for the well being of all
– Anyone having flu/cold/cough, please go back and rest at home. Please get treated and temporarily refrain from SJBA’s group activities as your kind concern for the well being of others
– Event Co-ordinators or Organising Committee may use discretion to cancel the event if the need arises.
THANKS for your assistance & cooperation!