1) SJBA is making the invitation to Sayadaw U Rewata and Venerable Dhammapala on 12th July 2014, Saturday, 8.30pm -10.00pm (at our Shrine Hall) to enter Vassa (Rains Retreat) in SJBA. The program will include taking the 3 Refuges and observe the 5 Precepts, formal invitation to the Sanga Members to stay in SJBA for the 3-month Vassa so that we can organise the Kathina, determination by the Sangha, offering of robes and requisites to the Sangha followed by chanting and sharing of merits. Members and devotees are invited to witness this Vassa Entry Ceremony
2) Members and devotees are invited to participate in the 5th Day Vassa Chanting on 16th July 2014, Wednesday, 8.30pm, at SJBA Shrine Hall, to commemorate the day the Buddha taught the Anattalakkhana Sutta to His first 5 disciples of the Buddha who had by listening to this sermon, meditating on the five aggregates of clinging and realizing 3 higher stages of supramundane knowledge that lead them to the attainment of Arahantship.
3) In conjunction with the 7th Lunar Month, SJBA is organising a Pattidana (Dedication of Merits) Ceremony on 3rd August 2014, Sunday for the departed ones. When those departed relatives and friends, who may been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence, become aware that their departed relatives performing meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can feel relief. If they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth can be transformed into a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform acts of merits for the departed ones. The program will start at 8.00am with the offering of flowers, candles and pure water, followed by Pindacara, chanting, Dhamma Talk, offering of requisites, dedication of merits to the departed ones and followed by Blessings by the Sangha and lunch dana. All are welcome to partake in this Pattidana
4) SJBA Sunday Dhamma School is organizing a Food & fun Fair on 24/8/14 (Sunday) to raise a target of RM70,000 for SJBA Building Extension Fund as well as to inculcate into the students the Buddhist value of Dana. Sponsors and volunteers interested in participating in this Food & Fun Fair are welcomed. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181
5) This Sunday’s (13 July 2014, 11.30am) Dhamma Talk (in Mandarin) is on “Meeting With the Dhamma” by Ven. Dhammapala. Ven. Dhammapala graduated in Pali and Buddhist Studies from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka and received his Doctorate from the University of Hong Kong. He has been lecturing in the University of Hong Kong and has presented a number of papers. He is currently the Spritual Director of Buddhistdoor. Vice Chairman of the Hong Kong University Centre of Buddhist Studies Alumini Association and Director of a few Buddhist-based organisations. . 这个星期日的讲题是与佛法相会, 讲师是法护法师. 法师毕业于斯里兰卡的Kelaniya大学，专注于巴利文和佛教研究。法师也在香港大学获得了博士学位，也在香港大学当过讲师，并呈列了一些论文。他目前是 “Buddhistdoor” 佛门的精神理事。是香港大学， 佛学校友会中心的副主席。也是其他以佛教为基础的组织的理事主任
6) This Sunday (13 July 2014) Dhamma Talk (in English, 10am) will be given by Bro Tan Siang Chye. Bro. Siang Chye graduated from Kent Institute, UK and with a Master degree from Massey University, New Zealand. He was a former Chairman of the Buddhist Missionary Youth Section and also the parent body, BMSM for one session. He is a striving meditator and has practised under several prominent meditation teachers locally and in New Zealand. Bro. Siang Chye is currently the Chairman of the Dhamma Committee of SJBA. May You Be Well & Happy, Always!