1) To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3.4 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the extension block is RM5 million (not including GST and interior design works which is estimated to be additional of about RM1 million). We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building.
As part of our fund-raising effort, we have decided that if donors donate RM1.28 million for either the Dana Hall or Multipurpose Hall, and/or RM100,000 for each of the Dhamma or Senior Citizen Rooms, the Donors’ names shall be acknowledged at the respective halls or rooms.
Helping to build a Vihara is an excellent dana of inmeasurable merits which, upon fruition, will bring you abundance of good blessings.
2) Our current Introduction to Buddhism will end on 22 April 2016. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and Datuk Charlie Chia. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56315299 for further information.
3) SJBA will be organising a Meditation Retreat, conducted by SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi as follows:
Date : 12th to 15th May 2016 (Thursday to Sunday)
Venue : Chin Swee Temple (Genting)
Meals : Vegetarian (Breakfast Rm6 and Lunch Rm12 per pax)
Lodging : Twin sharing Room (Rm108/Night, with attached bathroom and water heater)
Meditation Hall Usage Fee : Rm636 per day
Transportation : Bus
Yogis are required to take 9 precepts during the retreat. Yogis who are not able to take 9 precepts, kindly inform the organisers in advance and make your own arrangement for light dinner.
We are seeking a contribution of Rm292 per yogi to defray the running cost for meals, lodgings, transportation and fee for the usage of the meditation hall.
Registration is open from the 1st of February on the first come first serve basis. Confirmation of place is upon submission of Registration Form with Payment to Sis. Lily. Registration closed on the 15th of April.
4) This year’s Wesak day falls on 21 May 2016. Our Wesak Celebration will start on Wesak Eve, 20 May with lighting of Blessings Oil Lamps at 7.30pm followed by Wesak Eve Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Ven. Nyanaramsi, Procession Round the Vihara and Bodhi Tree, Chanting and Meditation. On Wesak Day, Puja Service will commence at 8.00am followed by the official launching of the Wesak Day Celebration at 9.45am. Blessings Service will be carried by the Maha Sangha.
On this Wesak Day, besides others, everyone has the opportunity to perform dana great merits by contributing to build our temple extension.
From 11.00am to 2.30pm, vegetarian food will be provided. There will be a Blood Donation & Organ Pledge Campaign. We need around 200 volunteer helpers to help organize all these activities. Please register yourselves by writing your name at our Notice Board or call Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56315299.
5) The Mandarin Puja Service will be off this Sunday and will resume on 17 April 2016.
6) This Sunday’ Dhamma Talk will be given by Sayadaw U Rewata. Sayadaw U Rewata was born in 1955 in Thonse, Myanmar. He graduated in 1980 with Bachelor of Science at the Rangoon University. He was ordained in 1983. He followed Pariyatti and Patipatti under the guidance of Most Venerable Chanmyay Sayadaw U Janaka Bhivamsa. He has travelled widely to many countries like Japan, USA, Canada, India, etc for missionary work, teaching Metta Bhavana, Vipassana Bhavana, Suttanta Recitations, etc.