1) SJBA cordially invite all members and devotees and relatives and friends to join us at our “Gong Xi, Gong Xi” Potluck dinner on this Saturday, 20 February 2016 to celebrate the Chinese New Year together and promote fellowship as we enjoy the various program planned for the night together with some guests from the Old Folks Homes. You many bring along some food to share with others and give angpows to the old folks.
Highlights: Lion Dance, Fireworks Display & Sing Along Session
6.00 pm. Arrival of our guests from Ci-Hang
6.15 pm. Dinner for our guests from Ci-Hang
7.00 pm. Puja at Shrine Hall followed by CNY Blessings by Bhante
7.30 pm. Dinner for Members & Devotees
8.00 pm. SJBA President’s CNY Message
8.10 pm. Lion Dance
9.00 pm. Performances & Sing Along Session
2) To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3.35 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the extension block is RM5 million (not including GST and interior design works). We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building.
We plan to have a grand fund raising dinner to raise as much as possible to make up the shortfall. The dinner is scheduled on 7 May 2016 at Restaurant Extra Supertanker @ the Club, Bandar Utama. The renowned Caring and Sharing Choir will be our guest performers at the dinner. Dato’ Leonard Tan will most likely give a 20 minutes cameo performance too.
The dinner tables will be priced at RM20,000, RM10,000, RM5,000 and RM3,000. We have also decided to acknowledge the donors if they donated RM1.28 million for the Dana Hall or Multipurpose Meditation Hall, and/or RM100,000 for the Dhamma or Senior Citizen Rooms, by having the Donors’ names displayed at the respective halls or rooms. We plan for all these as a final push, if possible, to raise enough funds to build our building extension rather than to ask from our members, devotees, donors, supporters and benefactors again and again. We have only about 80 tables. Please book your table or tickets early so as not to miss the opportunity to partake and witness another historical event and success of SJBA. Your support in building this temple extension is an excellent dana of inmeasurable merits which, upon fruition, will bring you abundance of good blessings.
3) SJBA is organizing another Introduction to Buddhism course from 26 February to 15 April 2016. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and Datuk Charlie Chia. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56315299 for further information.
4) SJBA will be organising a Meditation Retreat, conducted by SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi as follows:
Date : 12th to 15th May 2016 (Thursday to Sunday)
Venue : Chin Swee Temple (Genting)
Meals : Vegetarian (Breakfast Rm6 and Lunch Rm12 per pax)
Lodging : Twin sharing Room (Rm108/Night, with attached bathroom and water heater)
Meditation Hall Usage Fee : Rm636 per day
Transportation : Bus
Yogis are required to take 9 precepts during the retreat. Yogis who are not able to take 9 precepts, kindly inform the organisers in advance and make your own arrangement for light dinner.
We are seeking a contribution of Rm292 per yogi to defray the running cost for meals, lodgings, transportation and fee for the usage of the meditation hall.
Registration is open from the 1st of February on the first come first serve basis. Confirmation of place is upon submission of Registration Form with Payment to Sis. Lily. Registration closed on the 15th of April.
5) This Sunday Dhamma Talk (10.00am, 21/2/16) will be given by SJBA Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi