1) SJBA’s neighbouring Hindu Temple is organising a 1-week religious celebrations in conjunction with their Maha Samprokshanam Ceremony, culminating with a special Puja service on 3 April 2016 (Sunday) which will attract an estimated 15,000 people.
In the spirit of good neighbourliness and to help minimise the traffic jams and parking problems in the vicinity of SJBA and along Jalan Kewajipan, SJBA will cancel its activities on 3 April 2016 (Sunday). As big crowds are also expected on the night of 30, 31 March and 1,2 April, all SJBA’s activities on these 4 nights are also cancelled.
We apologise any inconvenience that may cause to our members and devotees.
2) To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3.39 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the extension block is RM5 million (not including GST and interior design works which is estimated to be additional of about RM1 million). We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building.
As part of our fund-raising effort, we have decided that if donors donate RM1.28 million for either the Dana Hall or Multipurpose Hall, and/or RM100,000 for each of the Dhamma or Senior Citizen Rooms, the Donors’ names shall be acknowledge prominently at the respective halls or rooms.
Helping to build a Vihara is an excellent dana of inmeasurable merits which, upon fruition, will bring you abundance of good blessings.
3) Our current Introduction to Buddhism will end on 22 April 2016. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays (except 1 April) from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and Datuk Charlie Chia. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56315299 for further information.
4) SJBA will be organising a Meditation Retreat, conducted by SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi as follows:
Date : 12th to 15th May 2016 (Thursday to Sunday)
Venue : Chin Swee Temple (Genting)
Meals : Vegetarian (Breakfast Rm6 and Lunch Rm12 per pax)
Lodging : Twin sharing Room (Rm108/Night, with attached bathroom and water heater)
Meditation Hall Usage Fee : Rm636 per day
Transportation : Bus
Yogis are required to take 9 precepts during the retreat. Yogis who are not able to take 9 precepts, kindly inform the organisers in advance and make your own arrangement for light dinner.
We are seeking a contribution of Rm292 per yogi to defray the running cost for meals, lodgings, transportation and fee for the usage of the meditation hall.
Registration is open from the 1st of February on the first come first serve basis. Confirmation of place is upon submission of Registration Form with Payment to Sis. Lily. Registration closed on the 15th of April.
5) This Sunday’s Talk (27/3/16, 10.00am) is on “Gratitude: Amplifier of Happiness”. Scientific finding reveals that regular grateful thinking will increase happiness by as much as 25%. This Talk will share some skills on how tto cultivate gratitude for wellness and happiness. The Speaker, Sis Low Mi Yen is a Clinical Psychologist & Mindfulness-based Therapist She is the Founder of MindfulSpa and the Vice-President of KL Buddhist Mental Health Association. She has been working with individuals, couples, families, workplaces & communities for more than 20 years, providing psychotherapy, psychological assessment, coaching, training, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & mindfulness-based interventions. ·She is a regular speaker on NTV7 BELLA show and has been interviewed by various local newspapers, magazines & radio. ·She is a co-trainer for MINDFULGym a local Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program for more than 4 years. · Under her PhD, she develops a localized mindful self-compassion program called Mindful-Spa to enhance emotional resiliency and self-care.
6) The Mandarin Puja Service will be off this Sunday and will resume on 17 April 2016.