1. In conjunction with the Mid-Autumn Festival, SJBA is organizing a Mooncake Family Night on 26th September 2015 (Saturday). It will be a fun-filled night to celebrate with family. In line with SJBA’s effort in promoting a caring and compassionate community, we have invited children from Persatuan Kebajikan Kanak-kanak Kurang Upaya (P3KU) to join us in our celebration. The children have provided us with a wish-list. If you wish to fulfil their dream, please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181 / 56315299 for the items they have wished for. Please remember to bring your lantern along for the traditional lantern procession round the temple to end the night. DINNER WILL BE SERVED, however we encourage you to bring some desserts to share with everyone. Please bring your family and friends to SJBA on 26th September 2015 (Saturday) 7.00pm to join us in our fun-filled celebration.
2. SJBA will be organising an Intermediate Course on Buddhism from 2 October to 6 November 2015. The course will run for 6 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Datuk Charlie Chia and Dr Chan Kah Yein. The course will cover Buddhist views on contemporary issues and Buddhist living. All are welcome. Please contact Sis Cindy at 03-56348181 for further details.
3. SJBA will be organising a 1-day Metta Retreat to be conducted by Ven. Dhammapala on 3 October 2015, Saturday, 9.30am – 4.30pm, in SJBA. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181 for further details.
4. This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk (27/9/15, 10am) will be given by Ven. Mahacara who is residing in SJBA for the Vassa (Rains Retreat). During this 3-month period, Venerable Mahacara will be cultivating himself in SJBA Vihara as well as teaching devotees the Dhamma.
7. This Sunday’s Mandarin Puja Session (27/9/15, 10am) will be off.