1. SJBA will be organising an Intermediate Course on Buddhism from 2 October to 6 November 2015. The course will run for 6 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Datuk Charlie Chia and Dr Chan Kah Yein. The course will cover Buddhist views on contemporary issues and Buddhist living. All are welcome. Please contact Sis Cindy at 03-56348181 for further details.
2. To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the new building is RM5 million. We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building by June 2016.
3. Amongst various ways to raise funds for the construction of the new block, SJBA has an on-going “Donate a Brick” campaign. Each brick is RM100. The donors can write their name and sign on the bricks which will be used for the construction of the new block. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
4. This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk (6/9/15, 10am) will be given by Ven. Mahacara who is residing in SJBA for the Vassa (Rains Retreat). During this 3-month period, Venerable Mahacara will be cultivating himself in SJBA Vihara as well as teaching devotees the Dhamma.
5. This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (6/9/15, 11.30am) is on “Inspirational Stories” by Sis Tan Yee Yong. Sis Tan Yee Yong graduated with Bachelor of Science in Computer Sience and MBA. She obtained MA in Buddhist Studies from IBC, Thailand. She is now a Dhamma committee member of SJBA.
这个星期日的讲题是” 人生小故事”, 讲师是陈玉容居士.
玉容居士持有科学学士学位及商业硕士学位，在商业界工作。她曾经是我们首邦再也佛教会青年组主席，及佛法小组组长 ，在学佛路上， 她持有佛教文凭及国际佛教大学佛教研究文科硕士 。目前她是我们首邦再也佛教会 佛法委会小组成员.