Ven. Nyanaramsi was an accountant before he was ordained as Bhikkhu in 1995 at Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre, practicing under Sayadaw U Janakabhivamsa for a total of 9 years. Ven. Nyanaramsi was giving various support for foreign meditators in the Centre before accepting Subang Jaya Buddhist Association’s invitation to come back in 2003 to teach the Malaysian Buddhists. He travels frequently to other countries like Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, China, etc to teach meditation. For further information, please contact Sis. Lily at 03-56348181
2) SJBA is hosting a Dhamma Talk by Ven Dhammavuddho Mahathera on 27th June 2015, Saturday, 8.30pm at SJBA Shrine Hall. The title of the Talk is “Characteristics of a Sotapanna”.
Venerable Dhammavuddho graduated from the University Malaya in 1971, and worked as an Electrical Engineer with the Public Works Department for 12 years. He was ordained as a monk in the Mahayana tradition in 1983. Three years later, he was re-ordained in the Theravada tradition in Thailand. Thereafter, he spent about 10 years living the solitary lifestyle in quiet places. He has written numerous booklets on Buddhism, e.g. Return to the Original Buddha’s Teachings, Message of the Buddha, Buddhist Monk’s Precepts, Liberation: Relevance of Sutta-Vinaya, Only We Can Help Ourselves, etc. In 1998, he established Vihara Buddha Gotama near Temoh, in Perak. Ven. Dhammavuddho is currently a Monastic Adviser the Theravāda Buddhist Council of Malaysia.
3) SJBA’s building extension (a new 4-storey block with basement) has officially commenced works on 8 March 2015. Amongst various ways to raise funds for the construction of the new block, SJBA has an on-going “Donate a Brick” campaign. Each brick is RM100. The donors can write their name and sign on the bricks which will be used for the construction of the new block. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
4) Another Temple Building Extension Fund Raising effort is through “Imee Ooi
Concert – Sound of Wisdom” on 1 August 2015, Saturday, 3.00pm at Istana Budaya.
Sis Imee Ooi of “The Chant of Metta” fame as well as many other highly-praised musical works will be making a live appearance in her debut concert. A teacher, composer, producer, director and singer, Imee is serving the Dhamma with her extraordinary talent and voice. She is a Buddhist practitioner that adheres to the teachings of loving kindness, peace and harmony. Founder of IMM Musicworks in 1997, she has released more than 50 albums and has produced many musical works for many Buddhist societies and organizations. Her mission is in singing messages of peace, harmony and compassion or simply bringing healing sounds to her listeners through music.
Tickets are now available in SJBA (at RM100, RM150, RM200, RM250 and RM350). You can now have the opportunity to support the development of local Buddhist musical talents and performance arts as well as contributing to the building extension of SJBA Vihara.
5) This Sunday (31/5/15, 10am) Dhamma Talk (in English) is given by Ven. Nyanaramsi. The title is “Overcoming Mental Hindrances and Defilements by Mindfulness Meditation.
6) The Sunday Dhamma Talk (11.30am) in Mandarin will be off during the school holidays and will resume on 21 June 2015.