1) On 8 July 2017, Saturday, 8.30pm to 10.00pm, SJBA will be making the invitation to Venerable Indarathana and Ven. Deetananda to enter Vassa (Rains Retreat) in SJBA Vihara. The program is as follows:
8. 20pm Arrival of devotees
8.30pm Ven. Indarathana and Ven. Deetananda enter Shrine Hall
Taking the 3 Refuge and observance of 5 Precepts by devotees
Invitation of the Venerables to stay in SJBA Vihara for the Vassa
Determination by the Venerables
Dhamma Talk by Ven. Indarathana
Offering of requisites by devotees
10.00pm Sharing of Merits
2) During the Vassa Period, Ven. Indarathana will lead in chanting the Dhammacakkappavattana every day, 7.30pm to 8.15pm except on Tuesday, 8.30pm to 10pm.
3) Members and devotees are also invited to participate in the 5th Day Vassa Chanting on 13 July 2017, Thursday, 8.30pm, to commemorate the day the Buddha taught the Anattalakkhana Sutta to His first 5 disciples of the Buddha who had by listening to this sermon, meditating on the five aggregates of clinging and realizing 3 higher stages of supramundane knowledge that lead them to the attainment of Arahantship
4) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
5) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
5) SJBA invite you for a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja. The Puja will start at 9.15am with Offerings of lights, flowers, incence to the Buddha, Chanting, Dhamma Talk bro Tan Siang Chye, Hymns and Guided Meditation.