1) SJBA had a very successful Charity Dinner on 7 May which helped raise about RM2 million (including the amount raise from donors sponsoring the 13 Dhamma Rooms and 2 Senior Citizens Room). Adding this amount to the grand total, to-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 5.6 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the extension block is RM5 million (not including GST and interior design works which is estimated to be additional of about RM1 million, hence total of about RM6.5 million). We look forward for help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building by end 2016.
2) This year’s Wesak day falls on 21 May 2016. Our Wesak Celebration will start on Wesak Eve, 20 May with lighting of Blessings Oil Lamps at 7.30pm followed by Wesak Eve Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Ven. Nyanaramsi, Procession Round the Vihara and Bodhi Tree, Chanting and Meditation. On Wesak Day, Puja Service will commence at 8.00am followed by the official launching of the Wesak Day Celebration at 9.45am. Blessings Service will be carried by the Maha Sangha.
On this Wesak Day, besides others, everyone has the opportunity to perform dana great merits by contributing to build our temple extension.
From 11.00am to 2.30pm, vegetarian food will be provided. There will be a Blood Donation & Organ Pledge Campaign. We need around 200 volunteer helpers to help organize all these activities. Please register yourselves by writing your name at our Notice Board or call Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56315299.
3) Members are cordially invited to attend a 6-lesson “Introduction to Satipatthana Meditation Course”, to be held at Subang Jaya Buddhist Association, end of May till Early June.
This is a practical course which introduces the principles and basic teachings of Insight Meditation as taught by the Buddha.
At the end of the course, there will be a 4 days 3 nights weekend meditation retreat at Subang Jaya Buddhist Meditation.
The course plan:
Orientation Talk by Bro Tan Siang Chye : 26 May, Thursday – 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm
* In the Orientation talk, we shall brief you the objectives and benefits of attending the course.
Lesson 1 by Venerable Nyanramsi : 27 May, Friday – 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm
Lesson 2 & 3 by Venerable Nyanramsi: 28 May, Saturday – 2 pm to 9 pm
Lesson 4 & 5 by Venerable Nyanramsi: 29 May, Sunday – 2 pm to 9 pm
Lesson 6 by Venerable Nyanramsi: 3 June, Friday – 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm
4 Days 3 Nights Stay-in Meditation Retreat: 2 to 5 June
Please email or call us now to confirm your participation!
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 03- 5631 5299 / 5634 8181 (Sis. Lily or Sis. Cindy)
4) This Sunday’ Dhamma Talk (10am) will be given by Venerable Mahacara.
5) This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (at 11.30am) is on “The Highest Blessing” by Bro Tom Hen. Bro Tom is an accredited Chinese physician and acupuncturist focuses on family medicine in Puchong. He is a long serving Dhamma volunteer and a Dhamma speaker with strong interest in Engaging and Applied Buddhism. At present, he is an Exco member of Kinrara Metta Buddhist society.
这个星期日的讲题是” 最好的祝福”, 讲师是幸文龍居士. 幸文龍居士持有中医学位,主修针灸与内科。目前在Puchong 家庭中医诊所服务. 幸居士在佛教界活跃已久,喜欢演说有关佛教联系与实用的主题，目前他是Kinrara Metta Buddhist Society 的理事.