1) SJBA Youth Section will be making house calls to bring New Year greetings and songs, Buddhist hymns and good wishes to the hosts and family on 2nd February 2020, Sunday. Those who wish to invite them to your homes on 2nd February 2020, may book through Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56348181 or call Bro Leng Wei 016-3589521.
2) SJBA cordially invite you and family and friends to join us at our “Gong Xi, Gong Xi” Dinner on 8th February 2020, Saturday, 7pm to celebrate the Chinese New Year together and promote fellowship as we enjoy the various program planned for the night together with our special guests from the Old Folks Homes. You many bring along some food to share with others and angpows for the old folks too (about 45 pax).
3) SJBA Sunday Dhamma School will reopen on 16 February 2020, Sunday for both new and old students (age from 5 years to 16 years old). Registration of new students will also be conducted on the same day.
4) SJBA is organising a Vipassana Meditation Retreat in April, 2020 as follows: Venue: Chin Swee Temple, Genting Teacher: SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi. Dates: April 11 to 18 Ven. Nyanaramsi is the Abbot of SJBA Vihara. He is a highly respected meditation teacher who provides meticulous guidance and advice to all practitioners. This is thus a rare blessing to be guided by such a wise, experienced and patient teacher.
If you wish to join as meditators and/ or to sponsor for the Retreat expenses, please contact our office Sis Lily at 03-56315299 or Whatsapp 0107719480.
5) SJBA invite you and family and friends to a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja commencing at 9.15am with offering of lights, flowers and incense to the Buddha, chanting led by Venerable Indarathana, Dhamma Talk, Blesssings and Sharing of Merits.