1) There will be a special interest Talk on “Should A Person With Mental Illness Meditate” by Dr. Phang Cheng Kar (M.D.) this Sunday, 21 October, 2pm to 4pm at SJBA’s Multi-Purpose Hall (Basement). Dr. Phang is a consultant psychiatrist and mindfulness-based therapist at Sunway Medical Center. He developed the MINDFULGym which is a mindfulness-based stress reduction and wellness program. He is the President of the Malaysia Association for Mindfulness Practice & Research (MMPR) and KL Buddhist Mental Health Association.
2) SJBA is organizing a 3-day Vipassana Meditation Retreat from 6 to 8 November 2018 in SJBA Vihara, to be conducted by Ven. Nyanaramsi Maha Thera, the Abbot of SJBA. If you wish to join in the retreat as yogi or wish to sponsor food for the monks and yogis, and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact our Office Administrator for more information.
3) This year’s Kathina Ceremony in SJBA will be held on Sunday, 11 November 2018. Kathina is a traditional Buddhist Ceremony started by the Buddha Himself for lay devotees to offer robes and other requisites to the Sangha at the end of Vassa (rainy season).
The Ceremony will begin on the Eve, 10 November 2018 at 8pm with Taking the Three Refuges, Dhamma Talk, Procession around the Vihara, Sharing of Merits and a light refreshment.
On Kathina Day, 11 November 2018, the Ceremony will start at 8.30pm with with the Taking of the Three Refuges, Offering of Robes and other Requisites, Sharing of Merits and Lunch Dana. A blood donation campaign will also be held on this auspicious day. Please come and join us to perform these meritorious deeds together.
4) SJBA will organizing a 10-day Vipassana Meditation Retreat from 3 to 12 January 2019. The Retreat will be conducted by Sayadaw U Sobhita. Sayadaw U Sobhita is a highly respected meditation teacher at the renowned Chanmyay Meditation Centre, Yangon, Myanmar. He was born in 1951 and was fully ordained as a Bhikkhu by the Most Venerable Sayadawgyi U Janakabhivamsa in 1970. He studied the Dhamma under Sayadaw U Tejavanta, Sayadawgyi U Janakabhivamsa and other famous Sayadaws in Myanmar. In 1983, he practised Vipassana Meditation under the guidance of the late Mahasi Sayadaw. Since then, he has been teaching the Dhamma, especially meditation, to devotees in Myanmar and abroad.
Sayadaw U Sobhita will be assisted by Sayadaw U Pinnyarnanda, the Abbot of Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre, Pyin Oo Lwin branch, Myanmar.
If you wish to join in the retreat as yogi or wish to sponsor food for the monks and yogis, and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact our Office Administrator for more information.
5) SJBA invite you and family and friends to a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja commencing at 9.15am with offering of lights, flowers and incense to the Buddha, chanting, blessings and Dhamma Talk by Ven. Indarathana and blessings by the Sangha.