1) The Samatha & Vipassana Sutta Study with Meditation Workshop conducted by Ven. Aggacitta Maha Thera will continue this weekend (Saturday and Sunday, 5,6 July) in SJBA Shrine Hall. Hence. On this Sundays (6 July 2014), our regular Puja Service (9.30am – 11am) will be held at our Dana Hall.
2) For those who wish to offer Lunch Dana, please note that Ven. Aggacitta food should be preferably steamed, without oil, ginger, garlic nor onions, no pork, corns, cabbage. Rice should be brown or red rice, organic. Lunch dana for the workshop participants are also welcome. Dana in the form of services to help prepare and offer the lunch as well as cleaning are also most welcome.
3) SJBA is making the invitation to Venerable Dhammapala on 12th July 2014, Saturday, 8.30pm -10.00pm (at our Shrine Hall) to enter Vassa (Rains Retreat) in SJBA. The program will include taking the 3 Refuges and observe the 5 Precepts, formal invitation to the Sanga Members to stay in SJBA for the 3-month Vassa so that we can organise the Kathina, determination by the Sangha, offering of robes and requisites to the Sangha followed by chanting and sharing of merits. Members and devotees are invited to witness this Vassa Entry Ceremony
4) Members and devotees are invited to participate in the 5th Day Vassa Chanting on 16th July 2014, Wednesday, 8.30pm, at SJBA Shrine Hall, to commemorate the day the Buddha taught the Anattalakkhana Sutta to His first 5 disciples of the Buddha who had by listening to this sermon, meditating on the five aggregates of clinging and realizing 3 higher stages of supramundane knowledge that lead them to the attainment of Arahantship.
5) SJBA Sunday Dhamma School is organizing a Food & fun Fair on 24/8/14 (Sunday) to raise a target of RM70,000 for SJBA Building Extension Fund as well as to inculcate into the students the Buddhist value of Dana. Sponsors and volunteers interested in participating in this Food & Fun Fair are welcomed. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181
6) This Sunday (6 July 2014) morning’s Chanting and Meditation will be led by Sayadaw U Rewata. Sayadaw U Rewata was born in 1955 in Thonse, Myanmar. He graduated in 1980 with Bachelor of Science at the Rangoon University. He was ordained in 1983. He followed Pariyatti and Patipatti under the guidance of Most Venerable Chanmyay Sayadaw U Janaka Bhivamsa. He has travelled widely to many countries like Japan, USA, Canada, India, etc for missionary work, teaching Metta Bhavana, Vipassana Bhavana, Suttanta Recitations, etc. He served as the Abbot in Hmawbi, Yangon in 2004 to 2006, and also has been the Abbot of the Satipatthana Vipassana Association, Springfield, USA. Sayadaw U Rewata is currently in Subang Jaya Buddhist Association to support its Dhamma missionary work