1) SJBA is hosting a Musical Show on 16th November 2013 at the KL PAC, Sentul, to raise funds for our building extension. This delightful musical is produced by the famous Asia Musical Productions (the award-winning team of Siddhartha The Musical and Princess Wen Cheng) featuring some of the best talents in Malaysia’s arts and entertainment scene. Tickets are sold at RM120, RM180, RM250 and RM400. Sponsors of RM5,000 will be given a VVIP seat, a plaque and engraving of their names in the new building�s Donors Board. You may get the tickets at SJBA Office (please contact Sis Lily, 03-56315299 or Bro Lim Mong Seng, 012-2131686. For sponsorship, please contact Bro Peter Chew, 012-2259003.
2) This year’s Educare Program in SJBA will be held on 15th December, to provide needy students with school items to start the new school term. It is expected that about 500 to 600 needy students will receive the school items. Each student will receive a full set of school items which consists of school bags, shoes, books, stationary, etc. which costs about RM108.00. We hope that through this simple but sincere gesture, the students are motivated to study better and achieve academic success and eventually success in life. This meritorious deed can be achieved with the support of generous Organizations, Donors, Devotees and Well Wishers. Your support and contributions to support one or more of the students would be much appreciated.
3) TCM Practitioner at SJBA�s Saturday�s TCM Session, Mr Lee will be conducting a Natural Qi Gong Class, FOC, every Wednesday starting 6th November 2013, 8.30pm to 10.00pm at SJBA Meditation Hall. Please call Sis Lily at 03-56348181 to register, first-come-first-serve, up to maximum 50 persons only.
4) SJBA is organizing a 8-Precepts Observance Day to be conducted by Ven Guttacitta (in Mandarin and English) on 9th November 2013, 8am to 6pm, at SJBA. The program will include Dhamma Talks, guided meditation, own practice, video on Buddhism (in Mandarin), etc. Ven Guttacitta was ordained and trained in the Sasanarakkha Buddhist Sanctuary, Taiping.
5) This year’s Annual Vipassana Meditation Retreat will be held at SJBA from 6th December 2013 to 15th December 2013. The Retreat will be conducted by Venerable Sayadaw U Sobhita and Sayadaw U Rewata from Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre, and SJBA Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi. If you wish to join in the retreat as yogi or wish to a helper or sponsor food for the monks and yogis, and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact our Office Administrator at 03-56348181.
6) Sayadaw U Rewata is attending a Kathina Ceremony today, at the Sasanarakkha Buddhist Sanctuary, Taiping. This morning’s chanting (3rd November 2013) will be lead by SJBA Chanting Farers’ leader, Sis Eng Bee.
May You Be Well Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,
3rd November 2013
1) SJBA will be organising an Intermediate Course on Buddhism from 13 September to 18 October 2013. The course will run for 6 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Bro Charlie Chia and Dr Chan Kah Yein. The course will cover Buddhist views on contemporary issues and Buddhist living. All are welcome. Please contact Sis Cindy at 03-56348181 for further details.
2) As another community service, SJBA will jointly organize with the Jawatankuasa Penduduk Subang Jaya-MPSJ Zon 1 to provide 1-day Traditional Chinese Medicine Service to the public FOC on 14thSeptember 2013, at the SS15 MPSJ Multi-purpose Hall from 9am to 3pm. Experienced Chinese Physicians qualified in Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment will give treatment to those with certain sicknesses and bodily ache/pain, including diagnosis, acupuncture or other treatment, and medicine. Members, devotees and members of the public are invited to come for this day of FOC Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment, which will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis up to a maximum of 80 patients only. Light refreshment / lunch will be provided for patients and helpers.
3) SJBA is organizing a Family Night of Joy and Fellowship on 14th September 2013 in conjunction with the Lantern Festival, to promote fellowship amongst our devotees. Activities include lantern procession round the temple playground and performances. Children from orphanages will be invited to join the fun. Members and devotees will get the opportunity to perform Dana by fulfilling the wishes of these underprivileged children. This is a Family Night, so please bring along your family and friends as well to participate in all the fun/joy activities planned for you. Dinner will be served at 7.30pm. You may also bring your food to share with others.
4) This year’s Annual Vipassana Meditation Retreat will be held at SJBA from 6th December 2012 to 15th December 2013. The Retreat will be conducted by Venerable Sayadaw U Sobhita and Sayadaw U Rewata from Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre.
Sayadaw U Sobhita has taught meditation in many places including the well-known Mahasi Meditation Centre in Burma. He has been an Assistant to the Most Venerable Chanmyay Sayadaw (Sayadaw U Janakabhivamsa) since 1988. He travels to Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia frequently to conduct meditation retreats.
Sayadaw U Rewata graduated in 1980 with Bachelor of Science at the Rangoon University. He was ordained in 1983. He followed Pariyatti and Patipatti under the guidance of Most Venerable Chanmyay Sayadaw. He has travelled widely to many countries like Japan, USA, Canada, India for missionary works and teaching meditation. He has served as the Abbot in Hmawbi, Yangon and Abbot of the Satipatthana Vipassana Association, Springfield, USA. Sayadaw U Rewata is currently in SJBA to support its Dhamma missionary work.
If you wish to join in the retreat as yogi or wish to a helper or sponsor food for the monks and yogis, and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact our Office Administrator.
5) Today’s Mandarin Dhamma Talk at 11.30am (8/9/13) will be by Sis Yee Yean. The topic is “Respect for Parents”.
6) This morning’s Dhamma Talk is on “Perfecting Patience” by Bro Tan Siang Chye. Bro. Siang Chye graduated from Kent Institute, UK and with a Master degree from Massey University, New Zealand. He was a former Chairman of the Buddhist Missionary Youth Section and also the parent body, BMSM for one session. He is a striving meditator and has practised under several prominent meditation teachers locally and in New Zealand. Bro. Siang Chye is currently the Chairman of the Dhamma Committee of SJBA.
May You Be Well & Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,
5th September 2013
“SJBA – Your Friendly and Caring Dhamma Centre”
1-DAY FOC TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICAL TREATMENT
DATE: 14th September 2013
TIME: 9am to 3pm
VENUE SS15 MPSJ Multi-purpose Community Hall
As another community service, Subang Jaya Buddhist Association will jointly organize with the Jawatankuasa Penduduk Subang Jaya-MPSJ Zon 1 to provide 1-day Traditional Chinese Medical Treatment (free of charge) for the residents of Subang Jaya.
Experienced Chinese Physicians qualified in Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment will give treatment to those with certain sicknesses and bodily ache/pain, including diagnosis, acupuncture or other treatment, and medicine. Members, devotees and members of the public are invited to come for this day of FOC Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment, which will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis up to a maximum of 80 patients only.