1) This year’s Wesak day falls on 13th May 2014. Our Wesak Celebration will start on Wesak Eve, 12th May with lighting of Blessings Oil Lamps at 7.30pm followed by Wesak Eve Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk, Procession Round the Vihara and Bodhi Tree, Chanting and Meditation. On Wesak Day, Puja Service will commence at 8.00am followed by the official launching of the Wesak Day Celebration at 9.45am. Blessings Service will be carried by the Maha Sangha. From 11.00am to 2.00pm, vegetarian food will be provided. There will be a Blood Donation & Organ Pledge Campaign and Free Health Check. We need around 200 volunteer helpers to help organize all these activities. Please register yourselves by writing your name at our Notice Board or call Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56315299.
2) SJBA is planning a 3-day 2-night Retreat conducted by Ven. Nyanaramsi in Cameron Highlands (Sam Poh Temple, Binchang) from 16 May to 18 May, 2014. The expected cost for the bus transport and food is RM150 per person. The temple allow us to stay for free but we suggest to make individual donations. Please register with Sis Lily at tel. 03-56348181 on a first come first serve basis, up to 40 participants only. Ven. Nyanaramsi was an accountant in Malaysia before he was ordained in 1995 at the Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre in Yangon, Myanmar with Venerable Chanmyay Yeiktha Sayadaw U Janakabhivamsa as his preceptor. He had also studied the Dhamma and meditation under Sayadaw U Indaka and other Sayadaws in Myanmar. Ven Nyanaramsi spent 9 vassas in Myanmar before he accepted an invitation from SJBA to come back to Malaysia in 2003 to teach the Dhamma and meditation to Malaysian Buddhists. Ven Nyanaramsi is now the Abbot of Subang Jaya Vihara He travels frequently to Taiwan, Thailand, Myanmar and Indonesia to conduct meditation retreats.
3) SJBA is organising an Introduction to Meditation Course conducted by Ven. Nyanaramsi from 22 May to 8 Jun 2014, 8.30pm to 10.30pm (first day, 22 May, is for orientation, followed by 6 lessons) and then followed by a short Meditation Retreat from 6 Jun to 8 Jun 2014. If you wish to register for the Course or join the Rereat as a yogi, helper or sponsor, please inform Sis. Lily at 03-56348181.
4) This morning’s (20/4/14, 11.20am) Mandarin Dhamma Talk is on “The Life is in Your Hands” by Ven Ming Cen from Penang.
5) This morning’s (27/4/14, 10am) Dhamma Talk is on “Taming Lust and Hatred”, exploring the Teachings of the Buddha from a scientific perspective how lust and hatred arises and how we can transcend these defilements to lead a wholesome and happier life. . Our Speaker, Bro. Billy Tan is a Professional Trainer and Business Development Consultant who has trained countless corporate executives and business professionals in more than 20 countries over the past three decades. Bro. Billy is a Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), as well as being certified by the International Association of Counselors and Therapists, USA, in Clinical Hypnotherapy. In recent years Bro. Billy has conducted several professional training programs for resident and visiting Monks at the Buddhist Maha Vihara, Brickfields, in the areas of Emotional Intelligence, Communication, Professional Presentation, Public Relations, Community Services, Leadership, and Management. In sharing the Dhamma, Bro. Billy researches discoveries from the fields of Neuroscience and Psychology to present teachings of the Buddha from a scientific perspective May You Be Well & Happy, Always!