1) This Sunday (17/5/15) Puja Service will be conducted by the Tarabuddy, an Indonesian Buddhist Society with close collaboration with SJBA. They will also hold its very first Indonesian Day in SJBA, titled “One Step Closer, Indonesia”. This eye opener will be held this Sunday from 9.30am to 2.00pm in SJBA.
The event will start with the morning Puja ala Indonesian style in the Shrine Hall followed by a sharing session and performances of Indonesian culture. There will also be mini exhibition and Indonesian food stalls for the public. Coupons for food are available for purchase at the SJBA office.
2) This Sunday (17/5/15, 11.30am) Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (at 11.30am) is by Chew Yee Yean. Sis Chew Yee Yean graduated from UKM. She is now working as a Senior Biochemist at UMMC. 这个星期日(17/5/15, 11.30am) 的讲题是 “风雨同路 ”, 讲师是周怡燕居士. 怡燕居士 毕业于马来西亚国民大学，她现今 在 马大医药中心担任高级生物化学师。在这十年以来，她志愿地帮忙与宣扬佛法等义务，希望能增进大家对佛法的认识与了解
3) SJBA’s building extension (a new 4-storey block with basement) has officially commenced works on 8 March 2015. Amongst various ways to raise funds for the construction of the new block, SJBA has an on-going “Donate a Brick” campaign. Each brick is RM100. The donors can write their name and sign on the bricks which will be used for the construction of the new block. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 01-56348181.
4) Another Temple Building Extension Fund Raising effort is through “Imee Ooi Concert – Sound of Wisdom” on 1 August 2015, Saturday, 3.00pm at Istana Budaya. Sis Imee Ooi of “The Chant of Metta” fame as well as many other highly-praised musical works will be making a live appearance in her debut concert. A teacher, composer, producer, director and singer, Imee is serving the Dhamma with her extraordinary talent and voice. She is a Buddhist practitioner that adheres to the teachings of loving kindness, peace and harmony. Founder of IMM Musicworks in 1997, she has released more than 50 albums and has produced many musical works for many Buddhist societies and organizations. Her mission is in singing messages of peace, harmony and compassion or simply bringing healing sounds to her listeners through music. Tickets are now available in SJBA (at RM100, RM150, RM200, RM250 and RM350). You can now have the opportunity to support the development of local Buddhist musical talents and performance arts as well as contributing to the building extension of SJBA Vihara.
5) SJBA is organising an intensive Introduction to Meditation Course with meditation practice, conducted by our Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi over 2 weekends from 5 to 7 Jun and 12-14 Jun 2015.
Ven. Nyanaramsi was an accountant before he was ordained as Bhikkhu in 1995 at Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre, practicing under Sayadaw U Janakabhivamsa for a total of 9 years. Ven. Nyanaramsi was giving various support for foreign meditators in the Centre before accepting Subang Jaya Buddhist Association’s invitation to come back in 2003 to teach the Malaysian Buddhists. He travels frequently to other countries like Indonesia, Taiwan, Thailand, China, etc to teach meditation. For further information, please contact Sis. Lily at 03-56348181
6) SJBA will be holding our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 24 May 2015 at 9.30am. The Agenda include receiving and adopting the Executive Committee’s Annual Report, Audited Statement of Accounts, and deliberation of other matters as deemed fit by the Assembly. You are cordially invited to join us.