ANNOUNCEMENTS (17th February, Sunday)
1) The Traditional Chinese Medicine Service in SJBA will be off 2 Saturdays, 9th February and 16th February 2013 and will resume on 23rd February. It is another community service for our members and devotees with SJBA arranging with 2 experienced Chinese Physicians qualified in Traditional Chinese Medicine Treatment to give treatment to those with certain sicknesses and bodily ache/pain, every Saturday, 9am to 12pm, at SJBA.
2) Our Sunday Dhamma School children, Youth Section and Teen Quest members will be making house calls to bring auspicious New Year greetings and songs, Buddhist hymns and good wishes to the hosts and family. Those who wish to invite them to your homes on 24th February 2013 (Sunday), may book through Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56348181.
3) SJBA cordially invite all members and devotees, relatives and friends to join our “Gong Xi, Gong Xi” Potluck Dinner on 23rd February 2013 (Saturday) to celebrate the Chinese New Year together and promote fellowship as we enjoy the various program planned for the night together with about 40 guests from the Ci Hang Old Folks Home. The program include New Year Blessings at 7.00pm followed by, Dinner, Lion Dance, Fireworks Display, Performances by SJBA Choir, YS and Sing-along. All are welcome. You can also give angpows to the Old Folks to cheer them up.
4) SJBA will be organizing the Introduction to Buddhism course from 1 March to 19 April 2013. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Bro Charlie Chia and Dr Chan Kah Yein. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181 for further details.
5) This morning’s Dhamma Talk will be given by Sayadaw U Rewata. Sayadaw U Rewata graduated in 1980 with Bachelor of Science at the Rangoon University. He was ordained in 1983. He followed Pariyatti and Patipatti under the guidance of Most Venerable Chanmyay Sayadaw U Janaka Bhivamsa. He has travelled widely to many countries like Japan, USA, Canada, India, etc for missionary work, teaching Metta Bhavana, Vipassana Bhavana, Suttanta Recitations, etc. He served as the Abbot in Hmawbi, Yangon in 2004 to 2006, and also has been the Abbot of the Satipatthana Vipassana Association, Springfield, USA. Sayadaw U Rewata is currently in Subang Jaya Buddhist Association to support its Dhamma missionary work.
May You Be Well & Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,
14th February 2013
“SJBA – Your Friendly and Caring Dhamma Centre”