1) SJBA Youth Section members will be making house calls to bring New Year greetings and songs, Buddhist hymns and good wishes to the hosts and family on 24 February 2018. Those who wish to invite them to your homes on 24 February 2018, may book through Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56348181.
2) SJBA cordially invite you and family and friends to join us at our “Gong Xi, Gong Xi” Potluck dinner on 3 March 2018, 7.30pm to celebrate the Chinese New Year together and promote fellowship as we enjoy the various program planned for the night together with some guests from the Old Folks Homes. You many bring along some food to share with others, and angpows for the old folks.
3) SJBA is organising a Vipassana Meditation Retreat in April, 2018 as follows:
Venue: Chin Swee Temple, Genting
Teacher: SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi.
Date: This Retreat comprises of 2 group concurrently from 14 to 18 Apr (5 days) and 14 to 22 Apr (9 days).
Ven. Nyanaramsi is a highly respected meditation teacher who provides meticulous guidance and advice to all practitioners. This is thus a rare blessing to be guided by such a wise, experienced and patient teacher.
If you wish to join as meditators and/ or to sponsor for the Retreat expenses, please contact our office, Sis Lily at 03-56315299
4) All devotees are welcome to our Monday Metta Meditation session at SJBA Meditation Hall from 8.30pm to 9.45pm. This cultivation of metta focus on loving kindness to oneself, loved ones and all other beings. On every 1st Monday, our Resident Monk will be guiding the meditators especially the newcomers.
5) All devotees are welcome to have self-practice in Vipassana Meditation on Thursdays from 8.30pm to 9.45pm at our Meditation Hall.
6) There will be Day Retreat in SJBA during New Moon and Full Moon Days from 9am to 5pm. The Retreat is free and easy and participants can feel free to join in or leave any time. Vegetarian lunch will be provided.
8) SJBA invite you for a spiritual and mentally enriching morning at this Sunday’s Buddha Puja. The Puja will start at 9.15am with offerings of lights, flowers, incense to the Buddha, Chanting, Dhamma Talk by Venerable Indarathana, Guided Meditation, Blessings and Sharing of Merits.