1) This year’s Annual Vipassana Meditation Retreat will be held at SJBA from 18th to 27th December 2015. The Retreat will be conducted by Venerable Sayadaw U Sobhita from Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre, assisted by Venerable Sayadaw Pyinnyarnanda and our Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi. If you wish to join in the retreat as yogi or wish to a helper or sponsor food for the monks and yogis, and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact our Office Administrator.
2) This year SJBA Educare Program in SJBA will be held on 6 December 2015 to provide poor students with school items to start the new school term. It is expected that about 500 to 600 needy students will receive the school items on 6 December 2015. Each student will receive a full set of school items which consists of school bags, shoes, books, stationary, etc. which costs about RM100.00. The amount may not be a lot but it is a simple yet significant gesture of ours to show our care and concern to poor students. We hope that through this simple but sincere gesture, the students are motivated to study better and achieve academic success and eventually success in life. If you wish to contribute to this Educare Program by sponsoring one more more students, please contact Sis Lily at Tel. 03-56348181.
3) SJBA is organising this New Year Eve with a 8-course Fun & Fund Raising Dinner in SJBA Vihara. SJBA brings to you the best from Sekinchan, a sumptuous dinner prepared by the famous Hao Xiang Chi restaurant, Sekinchan at RM800 per table/RM80 per pax. The evening shall start with Puja at 7.00pm. During dinner there will be performances, karaoke competition with prizes and lucky draws.
Date : Thursday, 31 December 2015 (New Year Eve)
Venue : Subang Jaya Buddhist Association (SJBA)
Time : 7.00pm to Midnight
Dinner Ticket : RM800 per table for 10 persons or RM80 per pax
So please take this opportunity to have a dinner countdown with your family, relatives, friends and neighbors at SJBA. It is also a meaningful way to wind up the year with kalyanamitras who walk the path of the Dhamma together. Please hurry to get your tickets from Sis Lily at 03-56315299 as there are limited tables (30 only) available.
4) The Sunday Puja Session in Mandarin will be off until January 2016.
5) The Dhamma Talk in English this Sunday (15 November 2015, 10am) is on “The Four Noble Truth” by SJBA Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi. Ven. Nyanaramsi was an accountant in Malaysia before he was ordained in 1995 at the Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre in Yangon, Myanmar with Venerable Chanmyay Yeiktha Sayadaw U Janakabhivamsa as his preceptor. He had also studied the Dhamma and meditation under Sayadaw U Indaka and other Sayadaws in Myanmar. Ven Nyanaramsi spent 9 vassas in Myanmar before he accepted an invitation from SJBA to come back to Malaysia in 2003 to teach the Dhamma and meditation to Malaysian Buddhists. Ven Nyanaramsi is now the Abbot of Subang Jaya Vihara. He travels frequently to Taiwan, Thailand, Myanmar and Indonesia to conduct meditation retreats.