1) For this Friday’s (17 April 2015) Introduction to Buddhism Course, the topic is “Daily Buddhist Living” by Dr. Chan Kah Yein. On next Friday (24 April 2015), the topic is “Reaching Out in Harmony” by Datuk Charlie Chia. The session will start at 8.30pm to 10pm at SJBA Shrine Hall. All are welcome.
2) SJBA’s building extension (a new 4-storey block with basement) has officially commenced works on 8 March 2015. Amongst various ways to raise funds for the construction of the new block, SJBA has an on-going “Donate a Brick” campaign. Each brick is RM100. The donors can write their name and sign on the bricks which will be used for the construction of the new block. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 01-56348181.
3) Another Temple Building Extension Fund Raising effort is through “Imee Ooi Concert – Sound of Wisdom” on 1 August 2015, Saturday, 3.00pm at Istana Budaya.
Sis Imee Ooi of “The Chant of Metta” fame as well as many other highly-praised musical works will be making a live appearance in her debut concert. A teacher, composer, producer, director and singer, Imee is serving the Dhamma with her extraordinary talent and voice. She is a Buddhist practitioner that adheres to the teachings of loving kindness, peace and harmony. Founder of IMM Musicworks in 1997, she has released more than 50 albums and has produced many musical works for many Buddhist societies and organizations. Her mission is in singing messages of peace, harmony and compassion or simply bringing healing sounds to her listeners through music.
Tickets are now available in SJBA (at RM100, RM150, RM200, RM250 and RM350). You can now have the opportunity to support the development of local Buddhist musical talents and performance arts as well as contributing to the building extension of SJBA Vihara.
4) This year’s Wesak day falls on 3rd May 2015. Our Wesak Celebration will start on Wesak Eve, 2nd May with lighting of Blessings Oil Lamps at 7.30pm followed by Wesak Eve Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk, Procession Round the Vihara and Bodhi Tree, Chanting and Meditation.
On Wesak Day, Puja Service will commence at 8.00am followed by the official launching of the Wesak Day Celebration at 9.45am. Blessings Service will be carried by the Maha Sangha. On this Wesak Day, everyone has the opportunity to do good deeds of great merits by contributing to build our temple extension.
From 11.00am to 2.30pm, vegetarian food will be provided. There will be a Blood Donation & Organ Pledge Campaign, Traditional Chinese Medicine diagnosis and treatment for those needing such services.
We need around 200 volunteer helpers to help organize all these activities. Please register yourselves by writing your name at our Notice Board or call Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56315299.
5) This Sunday’s (19/4/15) Dhamma Talk (in English, 10am) will be given by Bro Tan Siang Chye. Bro. Siang Chye graduated from Kent Institute, UK and with a Master degree from Massey University, New Zealand. He was a former Chairman of the Buddhist Missionary Youth Section and also the parent body, BMSM for one session. He is a striving meditator and has practised under several prominent meditation teachers locally and in New Zealand. Bro. Siang Chye is currently the Chairman of the Dhamma Committee of SJBA.
6) This Sunday’s (19/4/15) Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (at 11.30am) is on “Inspirational Stories” by Sis Tan Yee Yong. Sis Tan Yee Yong graduated with Bachelor of Science in Computer Sience and MBA. She obtained MA in Buddhist Studies from IBC, Thailand. She is now a Dhamma committee member of SJBA.
今天 (19/4/15, 11.30am) 的讲题是 “人生小故事”, 讲师是陈玉容居士. 玉容居士持有科学学士学位及商业硕士学位，在商业界工作。她曾经是我们首邦再也佛教会青年组主席，及佛法小组组长 ，在学佛路上， 她持有佛教文凭及国际佛教大学佛教研究文科硕士 。目前她是我们首邦再也佛教会 佛法委会小组成员.