1) This year’s Educare Program in SJBA will be held on 14th December 2014. It will be the 8th anniversary of the Program in SJBA. For the last 7 years, we have been providing needy students with school items to start the new school term. It is expected that about 500 to 600 needy students will receive the school items this year. Each student will receive a full set of school items which consists of school bags, shoes, books, stationary, etc. which costs about RM100.00. The amount may not be a lot but it is a simple yet significant gesture of ours to show our care and concern to poor students. We hope that through this simple but sincere gesture, the students are motivated to study better and achieve academic success and eventually success in life. This noble task can be achieved with the continuous support of generous Donors. If you wish to contribute this year to the Educare Program to support the needy students, please contact Sis Lily at Tel. 03-56315299.
2) This year’s Annual Vipassana Meditation Retreat at SJBA will be from 12th December 2014 to 22nd December 2014. The Retreat will be conducted by Venerable Sayadaw U Sobhita and Sayadaw U Rewata from Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre. If you wish to join in the retreat as yogi or wish to a helper or sponsor food for the monks and yogis, and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact our Office Administrator.
3) SJBA’s Sunday Dhamma School (SDS) 2015 is open for student registration, online, effective 1 Nov 2014. The Buddhist classes will be conducted in three (3) sessions, as follows:
Session A: 9.00am to 10.30am
Session B: 10.30am to 12.00pm
Session C: 12.00pm to 1.30pm
Classes will commence on Sunday, 4 January 2015. For more information, kindly contact Sister Lily at tel: 03-56315299 or email: email@example.com Classes are open to children in Standard 1 to Form 3
4) SJBA plans to celebrate this New Year Eve with a 8-course Appreciation Dinner in SJBA to thank our members and devotees for the selfless and tireless services to SJBA Vihara. SJBA brings to you the best from Sekinchan, a sumptuous dinner prepared by the famous Hao Xiang Chi restaurant, Sekinchan at a subsidized price of RM380 per table/RM38 per pax. The evening shall start with Puja at 7.30pm. Dinner is served at 8.00pm (sharp). During dinner there will be performances, karaoke competition and lots of prizes and lucky draws. At midnight, there will be a firework display to mark the countdown to welcome a New Year.
Date : Wednesday, 31 December 2014 (New Year Eve)
Venue : Subang Jaya Buddhist Association (SJBA)
Time : 7.30pm to Midnight
Dinner Tickets are at RM380 per table for 10 persons or RM38 per pax So please take this opportunity to have a dinner countdown with your family, relatives, friends and neighbors at SJBA. It is also a meaningful way to wind up the year with kalyanamitras who walk the path of the Dhamma together. Please hurry to get your tickets from Sis Lily at 03-56315299 as there are limited tables available.
5) This morning’s (30 November 2014) Dhamma Talk will be given by Bro Tan Siang Chye. Bro. Siang Chye graduated from Kent Institute, UK and with a Master degree from Massey University, New Zealand. He was a former Chairman of the Buddhist Missionary Youth Section and also the parent body, BMSM for one session. He is a striving meditator and has practised under several prominent meditation teachers locally and in New Zealand. Bro. Siang Chye is currently the Chairman of the Dhamma Committee of SJBA.