DhammDD(1) In conjunction with the 3-month Rains Retreat (Vassa), the Sunday Dhamma Talks in SJBA will be delivered by either Venerable Indarathana (1st and 3rd Sundays) or Sayadaw U Pannasara (2nd and 4th Sundays). Sayadaw U Pannasara will also lead Mondays’ Metta Meditation and Thursdays’ Vipassana Meditation.
The Bhojjanga Chanting has been rescheduled on the first Saturday of evey month, starting from Saturday, 6 August 2016, 8.30am. The Bhojjanga Chanting will be led by Venerable Indarathana to recite the Parittas for protection from various forms of evil spirits, misfortunes, sickness and influence of planetary systems as well as instilling confidence in the mind. All are welcome.
Starting from Wednesday, 10 Aug 2016, from 8.30pm to 10pm, Venerable Indarathana will start a new Wednesday Spiritual Group Cultivation at SJBA Shrine Hall, with the objective to learn and practice the Dhamma. The session will include puja, chanting, short guided meditation and Dhamma discussion. All are welcome to join in this spiritual cultivation to cultivate the mind and develop compassion and wisdom.
(2) In conjunction with the 7th Lunar Month, SJBA is organising a Pattidana (Dedication of Merits) Ceremony on 14 August 2017, Sunday for the departed ones. When those departed relatives and friends, who may been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence, become aware that their departed relatives performing meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can feel relief. If they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth can be transformed into a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform acts of merits for the departed ones. The program will start at 8.00am with the offering of flowers, candles and pure water, followed by Pindacara, chanting, Dhamma Talk, offering of requisites, dedication of merits to the departed ones and followed by Blessings by the Sangha and lunch dana. All are welcome.
(3) Members and devotees of SJBA are cordially invited to celebrate our country’s 59th Merdeka Day at SJBA on 31st August 2016 (Wednesday). The Celebration will start with a Merdeka Breakfast at 7.45am, followed by Flag Raising Ceremony, Blessings by the Venerable Monks, cutting of Merdeka cake and fellowship.
To encourage our members’ children to strive for excellence in their academic performance, SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who excelled in their examinations in 2015. The Awards will be given out on Merdeka Day, 31st August 2016. The closing date for application for the Award is 31 July 2016.
On the same day, SJBA is also organizing a Blessings Service for students sitting for UPSR, PT3, SPM, STPM, etc. examinations this year, conducted by the Members of the Sangha.
(4) SJBA’s “Buy a Brick” Campaign will stop on 31 August 2016. The Campaign has been very successful to raise funds for the construction of our extension block. Each brick is RM100 and donors can write their names on the bricks or sign on the bricks which will then be used for the construction of the new block. It is estimated the brick-works of our new block will be completed by mid September. All bricks sponsored from now to 31 August 2016 will be used to construct 3 new Monk Rooms at the Roof Top.
(5) This Sunday Dhamma Talk (7/8/16, 10am) will be given by Venerable Indarathana who is staying in SJBA Vihara for the Vassa. Venerable Indarathana was ordained as a novice monk at age 11 in Sri Lanka. After 10 years of monastic education and training at Sri Medankara Bhikku training Center, he received higher ordination as a fully ordained monk in 2007. He holds a Master degree in Buddhism at Kelaniya University and Bachelor degree of Law at University of Colombo. He is currently pursuing his masters of counseling at HELP University, Kuala Lumpur. He has been living in Malaysia since 2012 under the guidance of Chief Reverend Saranankara Maha Thera at Sentul Sri Lanka Buddhist temple. As a Buddhist monk, he taught meditation and mindfulness practices and give counselling to people from different walks of life using the Buddha’s teachings
(6) This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (7/8/16, 11.30 am) is on “Practical Application of Dhamma” by by Sis Tan Yee Yong. Sis Tan Yee Yong graduated with Bachelor of Science in Computer Sience and MBA. She obtained MA in Buddhist Studies from IBC, Thailand. She is now a Dhamma committee member of SJBA.
这个星期日的讲题是 ” 学佛修行的基础 ”, 讲师是陈玉容居士. 玉容居士持有科学学士学位及商业硕士学位，在商业界工作。她曾经是我们首邦再也佛 教会青年组主席，及佛法小组组长 ，在学佛路上， 她持有佛教文凭及国际佛教大学佛教 研究文科硕士 。目前她是我们首