1) In conjunction with Qing Ming, SJBA is organising a Pattidana this Sunday, 10 April 2016 to dedicate merits to departed relatives and friends. Pattidana is for the benefit of those departed ones who may have been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence. When they are aware that their relatives or friends have performed some meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can be relieved of their suffering. When they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth will be transformed to a happy one. It is the duty of relatives and friends to perform these acts of merits for the departed ones. The Pattidana will start with the offering of flowers and lights at 8am, Metta Recitation, Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Bhante Nyanaramsi, Dedication of Merits to Departed Ones and end with the offering of lunch dana for the Sangha at 11.15am
2) To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3.39 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the extension block is RM5 million (not including GST and interior design works which is estimated to be additional of about RM1 million). We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building.
As part of our fund-raising effort, we have decided that if donors donate RM1.28 million for either the Dana Hall or Multipurpose Hall, and/or RM100,000 for each of the Dhamma or Senior Citizen Rooms, the Donors’ names shall be acknowledged at the respective halls or rooms.
Helping to build a Vihara is an excellent dana of inmeasurable merits which, upon fruition, will bring you abundance of good blessings.
3) Our current Introduction to Buddhism will end on 22 April 2016. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and Datuk Charlie Chia. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56315299 for further information.
4) SJBA will be organising a Meditation Retreat, conducted by SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi as follows:
Date : 12th to 15th May 2016 (Thursday to Sunday)
Venue : Chin Swee Temple (Genting)
Meals : Vegetarian (Breakfast Rm6 and Lunch Rm12 per pax)
Lodging : Twin sharing Room (Rm108/Night, with attached bathroom and water heater)
Meditation Hall Usage Fee : Rm636 per day
Transportation : Bus
Yogis are required to take 9 precepts during the retreat. Yogis who are not able to take 9 precepts, kindly inform the organisers in advance and make your own arrangement for light dinner.
We are seeking a contribution of Rm292 per yogi to defray the running cost for meals, lodgings, transportation and fee for the usage of the meditation hall.
Registration is open from the 1st of February on the first come first serve basis. Confirmation of place is upon submission of Registration Form with Payment to Sis. Lily. Registration closed on the 15th of April.
5) This Sunday’s Talk (27/3/16, 10.00am) is on “Gratitude: Amplifier of Happiness”. Scientific finding reveals that regular grateful thinking will increase happiness by as much as 25%. This Talk will share some skills on how tto cultivate gratitude for wellness and happiness. The Speaker, Sis Low Mi Yen is a Clinical Psychologist & Mindfulness-based Therapist She is the Founder of MindfulSpa and the Vice-President of KL Buddhist Mental Health Association. She has been working with individuals, couples, families, workplaces & communities for more than 20 years, providing psychotherapy, psychological assessment, coaching, training, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & mindfulness-based interventions. ·She is a regular speaker on NTV7 BELLA show and has been interviewed by various local newspapers, magazines & radio. ·She is a co-trainer for MINDFULGym a local Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program for more than 4 years. · Under her PhD, she develops a localized mindful self-compassion program called Mindful-Spa to enhance emotional resiliency and self-care.
6) The Mandarin Puja Service will be off this Sunday and will resume on 17 April 2016.