1) The Selangor State Government, with the assistance from the Selangor Buddhist Development Council, is organizing a state-level Wesak Celebration on this Saturday, 9 May 2015, 7.00pm to 10.00pm at the Auditorium Dewan Jubli, SUK Shah Alam. The night will be filled with interesting cultural performances from local as well as from foreign countries like Japan, Korea, and Sri Lanka. Light dinner will be provided.
Bus transport will be provided (for those who need) Please meet at SJBA at 5.00pm. Please register with Sis Lily (03-56348181) for bus transport, first-come, first-serve).
2) SJBA’s building extension (a new 4-storey block with basement) has officially commenced works on 8 March 2015. Amongst various ways to raise funds for the construction of the new block, SJBA has an on-going “Donate a Brick” campaign. Each brick is RM100. The donors can write their name and sign on the bricks which will be used for the construction of the new block. For further information, please call Sis Lily at 01-56348181.
3) Another Temple Building Extension Fund Raising effort is through “Imee Ooi Concert – Sound of Wisdom” on 1 August 2015, Saturday, 3.00pm at Istana Budaya. Sis Imee Ooi of “The Chant of Metta” fame as well as many other highly-praised musical works will be making a live appearance in her debut concert. A teacher, composer, producer, director and singer, Imee is serving the Dhamma with her extraordinary talent and voice. She is a Buddhist practitioner that adheres to the teachings of loving kindness, peace and harmony. Founder of IMM Musicworks in 1997, she has released more than 50 albums and has produced many musical works for many Buddhist societies and organizations. Her mission is in singing messages of peace, harmony and compassion or simply bringing healing sounds to her listeners through music.
Tickets are now available in SJBA (at RM100, RM150, RM200, RM250 and RM350). You can now have the opportunity to support the development of local Buddhist musical talents and performance arts as well as contributing to the building extension of SJBA Vihara.
4) SJBA will be holding its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 24 May 2015,Sunday, at 9.30am. The Agenda include receiving and adopting the Executive Committee’s Annual Report, Audited Statement of Accounts, and deliberation of other matters as deemed fit by the Assembly. You are cordially invited to join us.
5) This Sunday (10/5/15) Dhamma Talk (in English, 10am) will be given by Ven. Dhammapala. Ven. Dhammapala graduated in Pali and Buddhist Studies from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka and received his Doctorate from the University of Hong Kong He has been lecturing in the University of Hong Kong and has presented a number of papers. He is currently the Spritual Director of Buddhistdoor. Vice Chairman of the Hong Kong University Centre of Buddhist Studies Alumini Association and Director of a few Buddhist-based organisations.
6) This Sunday’s (10/5/15) Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (at 11.30am) is on “Living Harmoniously” by Sis Wong Suh Chuen. Sis. Suh Chuen graduated with Bachelor of Science in Applied Science from TAR College and Masters in Technology (Environment Management) from University Malaya. She is an Environmental Consultant. She was the Dhammaduta Head of TAR College Buddhist Society and currently the Honorary Secretary of Kinrara Metta Buddhist Society (KMBS). Sis. Suh Chuen also teaches Sunday Dhamma class for adults at KMBS.
这个星期日的讲题是” 和谐的人生”, 讲师是黄淑娟居士黄淑娟居士毕业于拉曼学院, 持有 应用科学 学士学位及马来亚大学的科技(环境管理)硕士学位。她现今是一位环境顾问，注册于马来西亚环境部门。淑娟居士，出生于砂朥越州，在中学求学时，已开始学佛。她曾经是拉曼学院佛学会弘组主任和 Kinrara Metta Buddhist Society 的前任名誉秘书。目前，她志愿地为Kinrara Metta Buddhist Society 的成年人周日佛学班，分享佛法。