1) To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3.4 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the extension block is RM5 million (not including GST and interior design works which is estimated to be additional of about RM1 million). We look forward for more help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building.
As part of our fund-raising effort, we have decided that if donors donate RM1.28 million for either the Dana Hall or Multipurpose Hall, and/or RM100,000 for each of the Dhamma or Senior Citizen Rooms, the Donors’ names shall be acknowledged at the respective halls or rooms.
Helping to build a Vihara is an excellent dana of inmeasurable merits which, upon fruition, will bring you abundance of good blessings.
2) Our current Introduction to Buddhism will end on 22 April 2016. The course run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm, conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and Datuk Charlie Chia. All are welcome. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56315299 for further information.
3) SJBA will be organising a Meditation Retreat, conducted by SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi as follows:
Date : 12th to 15th May 2016 (Thursday to Sunday)
Venue : Chin Swee Temple (Genting)
Meals : Vegetarian (Breakfast Rm6 and Lunch Rm12 per pax)
Lodging : Twin sharing Room (Rm108/Night, with attached bathroom and water heater)
Meditation Hall Usage Fee : Rm636 per day
Transportation : Bus
Yogis are required to take 9 precepts during the retreat. Yogis who are not able to take 9 precepts, kindly inform the organisers in advance and make your own arrangement for light dinner.
We are seeking a contribution of Rm292 per yogi to defray the running cost for meals, lodgings, transportation and fee for the usage of the meditation hall.
Registration is open from the 1st of February on the first come first serve basis. Confirmation of place is upon submission of Registration Form with Payment to Sis. Lily. Registration closed on the 15th of April.
4) This year’s Wesak day falls on 21 May 2016. Our Wesak Celebration will start on Wesak Eve, 20 May with lighting of Blessings Oil Lamps at 7.30pm followed by Wesak Eve Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Ven. Nyanaramsi, Procession Round the Vihara and Bodhi Tree, Chanting and Meditation. On Wesak Day, Puja Service will commence at 8.00am followed by the official launching of the Wesak Day Celebration at 9.45am. Blessings Service will be carried by the Maha Sangha.
On this Wesak Day, besides others, everyone has the opportunity to perform dana great merits by contributing to build our temple extension.
From 11.00am to 2.30pm, vegetarian food will be provided. There will be a Blood Donation & Organ Pledge Campaign. We need around 200 volunteer helpers to help organize all these activities. Please register yourselves by writing your name at our Notice Board or call Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56315299.
5) You are cordially invited to attend this 6 lessons of “Introduction to Satipatthana Meditation Course”, which will be held at Subang Jaya Buddhist Association, end of May till Early June.
This is a practical course which introduces the principles and basic teachings of Insight Meditation as taught by the Buddha.
At the end of the course, you are allowed to attend a 4 days 3 nights weekend meditation retreat at Subang Jaya Buddhist Meditation.
Please forward this email to friends or family members who might be interested in this course.
The course plan:
Orientation Talk by Bro Tan Siang Chye : 26 May, Thursday – 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm
* In the Orientation talk, we shall brief you the objectives and benefits of attending the course.
Lesson 1 by Venerable Nyanramsi : 27 May, Friday – 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm
Lesson 2 & 3 by Venerable Nyanramsi: 28 May, Saturday – 2 pm to 9 pm
Lesson 4 & 5 by Venerable Nyanramsi: 29 May, Sunday – 2 pm to 9 pm
Lesson 6 by Venerable Nyanramsi: 3 June, Friday – 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm
4 Days 3 Nights Stay-in Meditation Retreat: 2 to 5 June
Please email or call us now to confirm your participation!
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 03- 5631 5299 / 5634 8181 (Sis. Lily or Sis. Cindy)
6) This Sunday’ Dhamma Talk (10am) is on “Gradual Training, Gradual Practice and Gradual Progress” by Bro Billy Tan. Bro. Billy Tan is a Professional Trainer and Business Development Consultant who has trained countless corporate executives and business professionals in more than 20 countries over the past three decades. Bro. Billy is a Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), as well as being certified by the International Association of Counselors and Therapists, USA, in Clinical Hypnotherapy. In recent years Bro. Billy has conducted several professional training programs for resident and visiting Monks at the Buddhist Maha Vihara, Brickfields, in the areas of Emotional Intelligence, Communication, Professional Presentation, Public Relations, Community Services, Leadership, and Management. In sharing the Dhamma, Bro. Billy researches discoveries from the fields of Neuroscience and Psychology to present teachings of the Buddha from a scientific perspective.
7) This morning’s (12th Jan 2014) Dhamma Talk is on “Meeting With the Dhamma” by Ven. Dhammapala. Ven. Dhammapala graduated in Pali and Buddhist Studies from the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka and received his Doctorate from the University of Hong Kong. He has been lecturing in the University of Hong Kong and has presented a number of papers. He is currently the Spiritual Director of Buddhistdoor. Vice Chairman of the Hong Kong University Centre of Buddhist Studies Alumini Association and Director of a few Buddhist-based organisations.
这个星期日的讲题是与佛法相会, 讲师是法护法师. 法师毕业于斯里兰卡的Kelaniya大学，专注于巴利文和佛教研究。法师也在香港大学获得了博士学位，也在香港大学当过讲师，并呈列了一些论文。他目前是 “Buddhistdoor” 佛门的精神理事。是香港大学， 佛学校友会中心的副主席。也是其他以佛教为基础的组织的理事主任