1) To-date SJBA have received donations of about RM 3.5 million for its Building Extension. The cost of construction of the extension block is RM5 million (not including GST and interior design works which is estimated to be additional of about RM1 million, hence total of about RM6.5 million). We look forward for help to raise the balance in order for us to successfully complete the construction of the new building by end 2016.
2) SJBA will be organising a Meditation Retreat, conducted by SJBA Abbot, Venerable Nyanaramsi as follows:
Date : 12th to 15th May 2016 (Thursday to Sunday)
Venue : Chin Swee Temple (Genting)
Meals : Vegetarian (Breakfast Rm6 and Lunch Rm12 per pax)
Lodging : Twin sharing Room (Rm108/Night, with attached bathroom and water heater)
Meditation Hall Usage Fee : Rm636 per day
Transportation : Bus
Yogis are required to take 9 precepts during the retreat. Yogis who are not able to take 9 precepts, kindly inform the organisers in advance and make your own arrangement for light dinner.
We are seeking a contribution of Rm292 per yogi to defray the running cost for meals, lodgings, transportation and fee for the usage of the meditation hall.
Registration is open from the 1st of February on the first come first serve basis. Confirmation of place is upon submission of Registration Form with Payment to Sis. Lily. Registration closed on the 15th of April.
3) This year’s Wesak day falls on 21 May 2016. Our Wesak Celebration will start on Wesak Eve, 20 May with lighting of Blessings Oil Lamps at 7.30pm followed by Wesak Eve Buddha Puja, Dhamma Talk by Ven. Nyanaramsi, Procession Round the Vihara and Bodhi Tree, Chanting and Meditation. On Wesak Day, Puja Service will commence at 8.00am followed by the official launching of the Wesak Day Celebration at 9.45am. Blessings Service will be carried by the Maha Sangha.
On this Wesak Day, besides others, everyone has the opportunity to perform dana great merits by contributing to build our temple extension.
From 11.00am to 2.30pm, vegetarian food will be provided. There will be a Blood Donation & Organ Pledge Campaign. We need around 200 volunteer helpers to help organize all these activities. Please register yourselves by writing your name at our Notice Board or call Sis. Lily at Tel. 03-56315299.
4) Members are cordially invited to attend a 6-lesson “Introduction to Satipatthana Meditation Course”, to be held at Subang Jaya Buddhist Association, end of May till Early June.
This is a practical course which introduces the principles and basic teachings of Insight Meditation as taught by the Buddha.
At the end of the course, there will be a 4 days 3 nights weekend meditation retreat at Subang Jaya Buddhist Meditation.
The course plan:
Orientation Talk by Bro Tan Siang Chye : 26 May, Thursday – 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm
* In the Orientation talk, we shall brief you the objectives and benefits of attending the course.
Lesson 1 by Venerable Nyanramsi : 27 May, Friday – 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm
Lesson 2 & 3 by Venerable Nyanramsi: 28 May, Saturday – 2 pm to 9 pm
Lesson 4 & 5 by Venerable Nyanramsi: 29 May, Sunday – 2 pm to 9 pm
Lesson 6 by Venerable Nyanramsi: 3 June, Friday – 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm
4 Days 3 Nights Stay-in Meditation Retreat: 2 to 5 June
Please email or call us now to confirm your participation!
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 03- 5631 5299 / 5634 8181 (Sis. Lily or Sis. Cindy)
5) This Sunday’ Dhamma Talk (10am) is on “Faith and Devotion in Buddhism” by Bro Tan Siang Chye. Bro. Siang Chye graduated from Kent Institute, UK and with a Master degree from Massey University, New Zealand. He was a former Chairman of the Buddhist Missionary Youth Section and also the parent body, BMSM for one session. He is a striving meditator and has practised under several prominent meditation teachers locally and in New Zealand. Bro. Siang Chye is currently the Chairman of the Dhamma Committee of SJBA.
6)This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (at 11.30am) is on “Five Spiritual Faculties” by Sis Tan Yee Yong. Sis Tan Yee Yong graduated with Bachelor of Science in Computer Sience and MBA. She obtained MA in Buddhist Studies from IBC, Thailand. She is now a Dhamma committee member of SJBA.
这个星期日的讲题是”五根”, 讲师是陈玉容居士. 玉容居士持有科学学士学位及商业硕士学位，在商业界工作。她曾经是我们首邦再也佛教会青年组主席，及佛法小组组长 ，在学佛路上， 她持有佛教文凭及国际佛教大学佛教研究文科硕士 。目前她是我们首邦再也佛教会 佛法委会小组成员.