(1) Members and devotees are invited to participate in the 5th Day Vassa Chanting on 23 July 2016, Saturday, 7.30pm, to commemorate the day the Buddha taught the Anattalakkhana Sutta to His first 5 disciples of the Buddha who had by listening to this sermon, meditating on the five aggregates of clinging and realizing 3 higher stages of supramundane knowledge that lead them to the attainment of Arahantship.
5th DAY VASSA CHANTING
DATE: 23 July 2016 (Saturday)
TIME: 7.30pm to 8.30pm
VENUE: SJBA Shrine Hall
(2) In conjunction with the 7th Lunar Month, SJBA is organising a Pattidana (Dedication of Merits) Ceremony on 14 August 2017 for the departed ones. When those departed relatives and friends, who may been reborn in certain unfortunate state of existence, become aware that their departed relatives performing meritorious deeds dedicated to them, they can feel relief. If they rejoice repeatedly, their unhappy birth can be transformed into a happy one. It is the duty of relatives to perform acts of merits for the departed ones. The program will start at 8.00am with the offering of flowers, candles and pure water, followed by Pindacara, chanting, Dhamma Talk, offering of requisites, dedication of merits to the departed ones and followed by Blessings by the Sangha and lunch dana. All are welcome.
(3) Members and devotees of SJBA are cordially invited to celebrate our country’s 59th Merdeka Day at SJBA on 31st August 2016 (Wednesday). The Celebration will start with a Merdeka Breakfast at 7.45am, followed by Flag Raising Ceremony, Blessings by the Venerable Monks, cutting of Merdeka cake and fellowship.
To encourage our members’ children to strive for excellence in their academic performance, SJBA will present Academic Excellence Awards to students who excelled in their examinations in 2015. The Awards will be given out on Merdeka Day, 31st August 2016. The closing date for application for the Award is 31 July 2016.
On the same day, SJBA is also organizing a Blessings Service for students sitting for UPSR, PT3, SPM, STPM, etc. examinations this year, conducted by the Members of the Sangha.
(4) This Sunday Dhamma Talk (24/7/16, 10am) will be given by U Pannasara who is staying in SJBA Vihara for the Vassa. Sayadaw U Pannasara was in Myanmar in 1972. He was ordained at the age of 20 in Khun Taung Gyi. After passing his Buddhist Scriptures and Buddhist Scripture education (Dhammacariya) in 2003, he practised Vipassana Meditation at the Mahasi Meditation Centre under the guidance of Ven. Nayaka Sayadaw Jatila. He graduated from the Mahasi Training School for foreign Buddhist Mission.
Sayadaw U Pannasara has been teaching the Dhamma and Vipassana Meditation in Thailand and at the Lunas Hermitage, Kedah.
(5) This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (24/7/16, 11.30 am at Sima Hall) is on “Practical Application of Dhamma” by by Sis Tan Yee Yong. Sis Tan Yee Yong graduated with Bachelor of Science in Computer Sience and MBA. She obtained MA in Buddhist Studies from IBC, Thailand. She is now a Dhamma committee member of SJBA.
这个星期日的讲题是 ” 学佛修行的基础 ”, 讲师是陈玉容居士. 玉容居士持有科学学士学位及商业硕士学位，在商业界工作。她曾经是我们首邦再也佛 教会青年组主席，及佛法小组组长 ，在学佛路上， 她持有佛教文凭及国际佛教大学佛教 研究文科硕士 。目前她是我们首