1) SJBA will be organizing the Introduction to Buddhism course from 6 March to 24 April 2015. The course will run for 8 consecutive Fridays from 8.30pm to 10.00pm and will be conducted by Uncle Vijaya, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and Datuk Charlie Chia. All are welcome. No pre-registration is required. Please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181 for further details.
2) SJBA cordially invite all members and devotees, relatives and friends to join our “Gong Xi, Gong Xi” Potluck dinner on 28 February 2015 to celebrate the Chinese New Year and promote fellowship as we enjoy the various program planned for the night together. You may bring along some food to share with others and give angpows to the old folks from the Old Folks Home.
3) SJBA will officially start construction works of the new extension block on 8 March 2015, 9.30am with a ground breaking ceremony. In appreciation of your generous support, we cordially invite you to witness, partake and rejoice in this joyous occasion. The program is as follows:
9.30am: Arrival of Guests
9.45am: Welcoming Speech by SJBA President
Speeches by Special Guests
10.15am: Blessing chanting by the Maha Sangha
10.30am: Ribbon Cutting & Ground Breaking
11.15am: Lunch Dana for Sangha
11.30am: Light Refreshment for All
4) This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in English (15 Feb, 10.00am) is on “Celebrating Chinese New Year the Dhamma Way” by Bro Teoh Kian Koon. Bro. Teoh Kian Koon graduated from University of Malaya in Civil Engineering in 1979. He had been a spiritual practitioner cum ‘Meditator’ since 1971. Since his retirement in 2001 from his engineering career, he has been sharing his understanding and experiences with all who are keen in the search for true happiness, peace and liberation from birth and death and all mental suffering to become a more virtuous, noble and wiser human being. He gives talks and hold meditation and Dhamma classes at various meditation centres.
5) This Sunday’s Dhamma Talk in Mandarin (15 Feb, 11.30am) is on “Together We Make the Difference” by Chew Yee Yean. Sis Chew Yee Yean graduated from UKM. She is now working as a Senior Biochemist at UMMC.
这个星期日的讲题是“风雨同路”, 讲师是周怡燕居士. 怡燕居士 毕业于马来西亚国民大学，她现今 在 马大医药中心担任高级生物化学师。在这十年以来，她志愿地帮忙与宣扬佛法等义务，希望能增进大家对佛法的认识与了解.