The Workshop in SJBA is on 16, 17 March 2019. Limited to 120 participants only. Please register with Sis. Lily or Sis. Cindy in SJBA Office. Registration will close upon reaching 120 participants.
1) Due to the building extension and renovation works in SJBA Vihara, this year’s Annual Vipassana Meditation Retreat will be held at Sri Lanka Buddhist Temple, Sentul from 29 December 2016 to 7 January 2017. The Retreat will be conducted by Sayadaw U Pyinnyarnanda from Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre, assisted by our Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi. If you wish to join in the Retreat as yogi or wish to be a helper or sponsor food for the monks and yogis and other expenses during the Retreat, please contact Sis Lily at 03-56348181.
2) SJBA is organising a 28 Buddhas Puja Ceremony on 7 January 2017, 7pm to 10pm, which will give everyone the opportunity to make individual offerings to all 28 past Buddha who appeared before (and include) the present Buddha, Gautama Buddha. This great ceremony invokes one’s affinity with the infinite virtues of Buddha’s by reciting and recollecting the 28 Buddha’s names and virtues. This brings great blessings for the people who partake in the Ceremony. Recollection of the Buddha’s virtues help purify one’s mind and may even lead one to the attainment of enlightenment.
Traditionally this 28 Buddha’s Puja is performed to bring longevity, beauty, good health, happiness, prosperity, unity and harmony of family as well as success in one’s career or business and excellence in children’s education. For more information and sponsorship, please contact Sis Cindy at 03-56348181.
3) As part of our effort to upgrade the facilities of SJBA Vihara to provide better environment and support services for our members and devotees, in addition to building the new block, the following places will be renovated on the dates as follows:
Meeting Room, TCM Room, Room M1 & M2 and Sima Hall: 23/11 to 24/12/16
Meditation Hall: 28/11 to 27/12/16
Kitchen: 15/12/16 to 10/3/17
Office, Library, Airwell area: 10/1/17 to 10/3/17
Please note that TCM, Metta and Vipassana Meditation, Yoga, Longevitology sessions in the respective Hall or rooms or Airwell Area will need to be temporarily closed during the above periods.
Our Sunday Dhamma School will resume on 12/2/17.
Other activities will go on as usual, eg. Educare, SDS Metta Retreat, 28 Buddhas Puja as well as our regular Sunday Puja Service (English), New & Full Moon Chanting & Vegetarian Lunch, Breakfast & Lunch Dana for Monks and other activities using the Shrine Hall (no renovation in Shrine Hall except some cabling works, video system upgrade and relocating the sound system to the left).
5) This Sunday’ Dhamma Talk (10am) is on “Joy in the World” by Bro. Billy Tan. The Talk is on one’s awakening to the beauty and tranquility of one’s true nature, experiencing the blessings of inner peace and tranquil happiness the middle way.
Bro. Billy Tan is a Professional Trainer and Business Development Consultant who has trained countless corporate executives and business professionals in more than 20 countries over the past three decades. Bro. Billy is a Certified Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), as well as being certified by the International Association of Counselors and Therapists, USA, in Clinical Hypnotherapy. In recent years Bro. Billy has conducted several professional training programs for resident and visiting Monks at the Buddhist Maha Vihara, Brickfields, in the areas of Emotional Intelligence, Communication, Professional Presentation, Public Relations, Community Services, Leadership, and Management. In sharing the Dhamma, Bro. Billy researches discoveries from the fields of Neuroscience and Psychology to present teachings of the Buddha from a scientific perspective.
This year SJBA Educare Program in SJBA will be held on 6 December 2015 to provide poor students with school items to start the new school term. It is expected that about 500 to 600 needy students will receive the school items on 6 December 2015. Each student will receive a full set of school items which consists of school bags, shoes, books, stationary, etc. which costs about RM100.00. The amount may not be a lot but it is a simple yet significant gesture of ours to show our care and concern to poor students. We hope that through this simple but sincere gesture, the students are motivated to study better and achieve academic success and eventually success in life.
If you wish to contribute to this Educare Program,please contact Sis Lily at Tel. 03-56315299 or bank into CIMB (a/c : 1261 0000 122 052).
Thank you in advance for your support. May your generosity and the merits accrued from your good deeds brings you peace, harmony, success, good health and happiness always!
CHANGE OF DATE TO 27/7/2014 (Sunday)
Due to the expected shortage of durian on 3rd August, we are bringing forward
the event to 27/7/2014 (Sunday)at the same time & place.
Eat To Raise Fund For
SJBA Building Extension
Eat as much as you can within 1 hour for each session.
Time / Session I : 1.00pm – 2.00pm
Time / Session II : 2.15pm – 3.15pm
Adult : RM30
Children (10 and below): RM10
Top Grade Durians
Sponsor a table of RM1000 for 10 people. (1pm – 3pm)
Please register with Sis. Lily by 27/7/2014 to purchase coupons.
Date : 3rd August 2014 (Sunday)
Venue : SJBA Playground
1) This year’s Educare Program in SJBA will be held on next Sunday 15th December , 9.00am, to provide needy students with school items to start the new school term. It is expected that about 500 to 600 needy students will receive the school items. Each student will receive a full set of school items which consists of school bags, shoes, books, stationary, etc. which costs about RM108.00. We hope that through this simple but sincere gesture, the students are motivated to study better and achieve academic success and eventually success in life. This meritorious deed can be achieved with the support of generous Organizations, Donors, Devotees and Well Wishers. Your contributions to support one or more of the students would be much appreciated. You are also welcome to witness the handing over of the school items to the students.
2) This morning’s (8 December 2013) Dhamma Talk will be given by SJBA Abbot, Ven. Nyanaramsi. Ven. Nyanaramsi was an accountant in Malaysia before he was ordained in 1995 at the Chanmyay Yeiktha Meditation Centre in Yangon, Myanmar with Venerable Chanmyay Yeiktha Sayadaw U Janakabhivamsa as his preceptor. He had also studied the Dhamma and meditation under Sayadaw U Indaka and other Sayadaws in Myanmar. Ven Nyanaramsi spent 9 vassas in Myanmar before he accepted an invitation from SJBA to come back to Malaysia in 2003 to teach the Dhamma and meditation to Malaysian Buddhists. Ven Nyanaramsi is now the Abbot of Subang Jaya Vihara He travels frequently to Taiwan, Thailand, Myanmar and Indonesia to conduct meditation retreats..
May You Be Well & Happy, Always!
Happily we serve,
4th December 2013
With immediate effect, the new SJBA Office email is firstname.lastname@example.org
This is also the email address to reach Sis Lily Low.
Telekom Malaysia is terminating all Unifi, Streamyx and TMNet email addresses. As such, the old email : email@example.com will no longer be used.